Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

North Symbol connected to Project North

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried a search for this, but with no luck.

Can anyone please tell me how I can link my home made north point to the project north, so that if I change the angle of the project north, the symbol updates to the same rotation too?

I am guessing that I'll need to add some parameters and code?

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Hunter.
14 REPLIES 14
Thomas Holm
Booster
I'm not into GDL myself, but it occurs to me you could open one of the north pointers in the Archicad library and extract the code from there?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Hunter wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how I can link my home made north point to the project north, so that if I change the angle of the project north, the symbol updates to the same rotation too?

Hunter:

The global variable is GLOB_NORTH_DIR (old school version U~), see the GDL Reference Guide, page 215.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Karl Ottenstein
Hunter wrote:
Tried a search for this, but with no luck.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Hunter.
Just open the project north symbol delivered with archicad. The code is all there. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help - I copied the code and all was well!

Hunter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a north arrow that can be set that will reset the sun and true north coordinates, or is the only way to set that going to the 3d sun settings click more sun and set it there?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually - it wasn't. I can't stop my north point rotating around the bottom left corner of the part. I would like it to rotate around it's center when updating to the Project North direction. Is there a quick way to fix it?

Thanks.

Hunter.
Dwight
Newcomer
I speculate that the code rotates around the origin of the object. Try to fix the problem by dragging your symbol's center down to the bottom corner from where it now rotates. It should then rotate correctly.......
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
I speculate that the code rotates around the origin of the object. Try to fix the problem by dragging your symbol's center down to the bottom corner from where it now rotates. It should then rotate correctly.......
When I made my part, I selected the elements (which were centered on the project origin) and selected save as library part. But it still rotates around the bottom left corner. I am not sure how else I can move it. If I just copy and paste the symbol into the 2D Symbol window, then I can't use the GDL code copied from the AC North Symbol.

Any more help appreciated.

Hunter.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Hunter:

You could post the code from the 2D Script, maybe someone will be able to tell what is going on.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14