cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Section Marker Heads

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, is there a way to add or create new marker heads to the section tool? I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask (library parts/gdl) but I thought it could count as an object kind of topic.

thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, it is possible to do.
Create a new object and set its subtype to "Section Marker".
Then just draw in the 2D Symobl Window or write the 2D Script for it.
Or you can place a Section Line with the Built-in Section Marker at each end. Click either end of the Section Line where the Marker is displayed. Then use the File\LIbraries and Objects\Oepn Object menu command and it will open the "Built-in Section Marker" object for editing.
You have to save it under a new name in order to be able to edit it as it is read-only. Save it into the Embedded Library.
That can be a good base from which to start.

When it is done the new Section Marker will appear in the list of available Markers in the Marker panel of the Section Settings Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, thanks a lot! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I forgot I posted this
Anyway, I wanna try your method, but unfortunately I wouldn't even know how to start! How do I create an object in the first place?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it! Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I created a new object by opening the built in one and saving it as a new one, like you said and drew the new marker head on the "2D Symbol" button. But on the "2D View" button, it still shows the regular built-in marker and I can't draw on that window. I believe that's the one I have to edit in order to create a custom marker head but I don't know how.

thanks!

EDIT: Ok now, going through the PARAMETERS tab, I think it is the MARKER STYLE thing that have to edit somehow. It lets me choose from the buit in marker styles but I can't create a new one.

EDIT 2: I tried the other way (making a new object) and now it shows my draw in the 2D Symbol when I place the object on the floorplan, but the section ID doesn't show...
rocorona
Booster
MOS3JOKER wrote:
Ok, I created a new object by opening the built in one and saving it as a new one, like you said and drew the new marker head on the "2D Symbol" button. But on the "2D View" button, it still shows the regular built-in marker and I can't draw on that window.

If a GDL object has BOTH 2D Symbol (drawing) and 2D View Text (GDL Script) is the latter one that has the predominance. In order to use your drawing you must delete ALL the text from the 2D Script windows

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
rocorona wrote:
MOS3JOKER wrote:
Ok, I created a new object by opening the built in one and saving it as a new one, like you said and drew the new marker head on the "2D Symbol" button. But on the "2D View" button, it still shows the regular built-in marker and I can't draw on that window.

If a GDL object has BOTH 2D Symbol (drawing) and 2D View Text (GDL Script) is the latter one that has the predominance. In order to use your drawing you must delete ALL the text from the 2D Script windows
I see, well, looks like there's no way I'm gonna be able to do this without knowing how to script in GDL. I wish this was more simple, like using the complex profile tool... just draw the marker you want and that's it...

anyway, thanks for the help!