cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Square Bay Window in Window Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else experienced problems displaying a square bay window in the window schedule?

I've found two issues (i think i have anyway)...Firstly, the square bay window is displayed at a different height to the other windows (when the preview alignment is set to story zero), so that I can show the windows height in relation to one another and the storey heights.

Secondly, with a square bay window, it only shows the front and not the two sides?

Does anyone have a solution for either of these issues?
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
I don't know about your height problem but you will only get the front or rear view of a window in the schedules.
If your bay window is one object there is nothing you can do short of adding your own image of the side windows with the annotation option (can 13 do annotation in schedules? 14 certainly can).

Otherwise construct your bay window from 3 separate windows and they will all schedule individually.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, yes i'm running 14 & in the mean time i've drawn the two side elements manually with lines. This seems to be an oversight by graphisoft, hopefully it will be fixed.
Next time i think i will contrust the element with three windows.

Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wardy wrote:
If it is to be built from separate windows in the field this is probably best anyway. It gives you much more control over the details of the construction and I generally find this to be a good rule in ArchiCAD in general. That is, to model things as closely as possible to how they are actually built.

I assume this is the case here (ie field built) since if it were a single prefab unit the sidelights wouldn't need to be elevated in the schedule (at least not around here).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Wardy wrote:
If it is to be built from separate windows in the field this is probably best anyway. It gives you much more control over the details of the construction and I generally find this to be a good rule in ArchiCAD in general. That is, to model things as closely as possible to how they are actually built.

I assume this is the case here (ie field built) since if it were a single prefab unit the sidelights wouldn't need to be elevated in the schedule (at least not around here).
Yeah I agree, generally speaking we model everything as closely as possible, in this case i haven't done a bay window before and didn't really think much about it so i used the ArchiCAD object. Next time will definately model individually.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I don't know about your height problem...
Can someone else try and insert a square bay window & a regular window & tell me if they have the same issue lining the head heights of the windows in the window schedule?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Actually I can reproduce that.

Below is a comparison between the schedule (align preview to story 0) and the actual elevation in the model.

Cheers,
Link.
Header Alignment.jpg
anyari
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I confirm that this is a bug, I have logged it into the database.
Thanks guys for reporting!
Attila Nyari
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft