Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Stair Stringer

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the 3D script for a stair stringer. All the variables are right. I've checked them 3 times. If I end the script with m, r2, m, 0 right before 10: it does exactly what it's supposed to do. The rest of it is supposed to fill in the rest of the rises and runs. When I check script it says I have a missing Call keyword at the section in red. When I click continue it tells me that I need a string type expression at that same setion. I'm getting better at scripting but this one has me stumped. Am I going about this the wrong way? I know it's been good practice.

EDIT
Thanks for looking Dwight. I tried using gosub but it did the same thing. if I run it as it is shown now it works as before plus gives me the next step down. If I remove the ! from the 10: it doesn't seem to like having the 10: in the middle of the prism. Will a prism normally work with a line number in the middle of it?
ROTX 90
MATERIAL 81
L=NOR-3
STRW=11.25"
TH=(NOR*7.3125")+LF
TRW=RUN/NOTR
RISE=TH/NOR
ANG=ATN(RISE/TRW)
R2=RISE-1"
N=STRW/SIN(ANG)
M=R2/TAN(ANG)
F=N-M
Q=M-1.5"
U=(RUN-2.375")+Q
W=U-N
G=W*TAN(ANG)
V=TH-(RISE+1")
H=TRW-3.875"
I=3
!PRISM ((NOTR-2)*2)+8, 1.5",

PRISM 11, 1.5",
M, 0, N, 0, U, G, U, V, U-H, V,
U-H, V-RISE, U-(H+TRW), V-RISE,
!10:
U-(H+(TRW*(I-2))), V-(RISE*(I-1)),
U-(H+(TRW*(I-1))), V-(RISE*(I-1)),
!I=I+1
!IF I > NOR+3 THEN 20:
!GOTO 10:
!20:
M, R2, M, 0
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter, I guess I got rapped up in what I was doing last night and never came back to the post to see you're reply. I spent some time researching the Put..... command and with some trial and error, eventually(11:30 pm) came up with a working 3 stringer script!! Must say I was quite proud of myself. Now I just need to put some treads and risers on it. I've also scripted my own cedar railing that eventually I hope to combine with the stairs. Thanks everyone for you're help! Doug