cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Typical Assembly Marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to find a way to either recode an existing section/elevation marker or insert a new one to look like the image attached here. Nobody in the office knows how to code but if its a simple code change it would be worth learning. It does need to be a dynamic marker, though, and not just an object, that I can make already.

Very simple triangular shape with a dynamic label inside. The label only needs to refer to the reference ID.

Does anybody know of a marker like this out there already?

Picture 4.png
10 REPLIES 10
Try the "Built-In Section Marker" -- the location of the text defaults to outside the triangle, but you can move it inside the triangle using the Pet Palette.
Triangle Marker.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
and the result...
Triangle Marker 2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip. I've tried this marker head, and I hate to be so remedial, but the pet palette that pops up when you click the id label isn't the one that allows micro movements of sub objects within the section marker. do I need to change a work preference or unlock or ungroup something?
Note the active button on the Pet Palette -- this is typically how you edit graphical hotspots in Objects.
Pet Palette.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
okay, I've figured out how to move the id label, but now I realize that the line coming from the triangle to mark the cut point does not appear in the drawing, only in the view.
I would suggest you check your Pen Sets -- otherwise, I can't think of why it would appear in the View, but not the Drawing created from the View.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks everybody for your help with this.

as you can see in the images attached, in the view the line is there, in the drawing it is not. I don't want to just draw a line I want the marker symbol to do the work.

On the right is a shot of the view and on the left is a shot of that view on a sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
and by thanks "everybody" I guess I mean thanks very much to Laura.
Make sure your Section Lines are on and check the length (and Pen) under the Marker panel of the Section Settings dialog. I believe what you are seeing in your View is an On-Screen Display Option, so it is not visible in the Drawing.