BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Stool and Casing Offset Issues

KOAN
Contributor

Hi All,

We have a detail that we use a lot that I'd like to be able to model in Archicad, options for the windows won't seem to let me (at least as far as I can tell).  The detail is essentially to have the interior finish (GWB) butt into the extension jamb (no trim), which sits proud of the interior finish face by 5/4 or so.  See attached pic.

I'm frustrated by the lack of control on the offset of both the extension jambs and the window stool.  I've figured out a way to fake things on all sides except the bottom by having the interior window trim match exactly the thickness of the extension jamb with zero offset, but I can't use an R.O. or it won't look correct in the model.

Also, there is currently no way to offset the height of the stool from the window frame, which is bizarre, again, unless I'm just missing it.  It almost works if I turn the stool off except when I do, the bottom frame has a strange leg on it that doesn't seem to have any controls either.  See attached pic.

If anyone uses a similar detail and has any advice it would be much appreciated!  My next step will likely be just to turn off interior casing and make the extension jambs out of slabs or beams/columns.  Thanks for reading!

Window Frame Weirdness.jpg

Desired Extension Jamb Sketch.jpg

AC 26 USA
MAC OS 12.6.7 | R9 M390 2GB | 4Ghz Intel Core i7 | 32GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Lingwisyer
Guru

Please add details to your forum siganture regarding your AC version. See mine for more info.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!