BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

double door with center hinge?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking for a double door with one door panel operable and center-hinged, and the other panel fixed. I see these generally referred to as swing patio doors - since they are not french doors. Is there something like this in the standard Archicad 11 library? I suppose I could just combine two single doors- But I'm sure there must be what I'm looking for somewhere in the library.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
TracyGA
Contributor

14 years later and I am still wondering this exact same questions.  It seems like Archicad is lacking to not provide this option...

Lingwisyer
Guru

Do you have an image? I have no clue what this door might look like...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Isn't this just a single door with a sidelight?

Or is it vital that the sidelight and frame looks like a door panel?

Maybe use a bi-fold door object, but I am not sure if it is possible to set the first pane in a closed position.

Wouldn't it be preferable to have a double opening door rather than a fake fixed panel that looks like a door?

I would rather have a double door and just keep one leaf locked in position (I know the hinge of the opening will not be in the centre).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Oh. So like a 2 panel bifold when you have pinned the first panel rather than the second. 
Lingwisyer_0-1667958665727.png

You can sort of do it with the default bifold door object by turning on the End Panel Opening, zeroing the standard opening angle / distance. You will have to manually draw in the opening lines though if you do not want them on both panels. This might be different / not possible if your library does not share the INT doors such as the US library...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

I was basically typing this, until I scrolled down.

I think this a standard part and if it is missing for some strange reason:

https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/7395 old INT part

https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/6983 old USA part

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

I agree that it isn't a door type we use often or ever suggest but sometimes our clients request them specifically and other times we are drawing an existing home that has one.

The Sliding Folding Multipanel door for the win!  I never would have thought to use a different door type to create this.  Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 8.33.08 AM.png

Thank you so much for this suggestion. It worked perfectly for what we needed!

We sell this type of door regularly, and we've been struggling to represent them properly since updating to Archicad 25 last year. We previously had a custom library part for center-hinged doors, but it was ancient and definitely incompatible.

I was on this same forum just 3 months ago in the hopes of finding a solution, and by chance I ended up here again today. It might seem silly, but finding this was a huge relief for our team. This thread was 14 years in the making, but someone still came through!

Drafter at Appalachian Log Structures
ALSI Logo
AC25 US 6000
Learn and get certified!