Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

how to set custom width text on dimension marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I wasn't sure what to name my question, but I hope it becomes clear here.

I have a window object where the user can choose to have the window consist of several smaller frames (see images). When creating a dimension marker, the width should be displayed as a sum of the width of the frames, which, as is the case in the images below, means .595+.595 or .397+.397+.397 instead of 1.190. How would I be able to do this?
5 REPLIES 5
Miha_M
Advisor
I don't think Archicad by default can do this without custom GDL scripting for the window element and even with this you would need to use some tweaked ID marker or tweaked label to display the value you'd like to have displayed.
This is some amount of work I wouldn't want to do for a few placed windows..., I would go for plain text.

If somebody does have a better solution I'd like to know about it as well.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Lingwisyer
Guru
I believe that these dimension markers measure the Wallhole so if you want a label that shows the size break downs, you will need to manually script it in.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
agroni
Booster
These parameters exist and as Miha_M said, they are deep in the GDL script.
In order to bring them and make the usable, my first guess would be to use Expressions. I don't have the correct answer, but I believe by some calculations this could be achievable.
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Properties might be a solution. But there is no direct access to GDL properties so no way to access iWindowType which determines the number of panels in Window Macro.

The simplest way would be using the name of the window element and then make Expression Properti based on it. So if its double window you divide the width by two... etc. It, of course, would work with even divisions of panels.

To make it work with labels you need to tweak GDLs. There is also an IFC window element in the internal library which is less complicated so you can try with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
1, need to determine the number of sashes
2, get the width of each sash

I tried to get the parameters of the window to judge, but the parameters of the window are too complicated. I can't find the number of sashes and the width of the sash.

n = REQUEST("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE",GetName, DUMMY_name_index, DUMMY_type, DUMMY_flags, DUMMY_dim1, DUMMY_dim2, name)