Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

importing 3d dwg into archicad library ,...can't save file without choosing license..

cocoloco
Expert

Hi! This is how I understood is to important 3D Dwg into an archicad...

I downloaded from manufacture 3D Dwg file - my only goal is to use that file in my project. Nothing else. For some reason there is long workaround in order to load this piece in archicad, or even save it and find it in library.

I found manual here on how to open raw dwg as 3d: File > Libraries & Objects > Open object .... I got here..

Now I see infront  of myself the Object details ... But nowhere to rename it/save it bottom? The only another workaround I found is to close the windows and it would ask me to save if first before closing.... I rename it, but then it says unable to save without choosing license. Options are below. I don't care about license, I don't want to share it, I just want to use it in my plan. which is why I downloaded it. No matter what license I choose, I can't successfully save & find the object. When it finally somehow let me, it won't show in embedded library even it is there. just nothing. I am exhausted. 

licenses; 

Public Domain Dedication 

Attributions no derivs

Attriution 4 

Attribution share a like

Attributions no derivatives 

Commercial

there is explanation for each but no matter what I choose (and again I don't want to even share it, I just want to USE it since thats why I downloaded it?) 

I am completely lost here. This is just so overwhelming. All I want is to use the file I downloaded. 

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 1.16.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 1.17.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 1.18.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 1.17.31 PM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14 Sonoma

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AllanP
Advocate

Hi,

you should tick the "Placeable" object option, to make it visible in the objects list.

with this unticked, it acts as a macro that can be called by other objects, but can't be seen in the objects menu.

AllanP_0-1719788861737.png

To save a library part

when the library part window is the active window

you use the file menu File >Save

or

File>Save as

or

you can use CMD + S

AllanP_0-1719815889367.png

then the save library part dialogue comes up instead of the normal save project dialogue

AllanP_1-1719815917674.png

I hope this helps.

P.S.

the "Commercial" License is to password protect things for people/companies that don't want others to see the internal code.

you should select an option at the top that doesn't require a password.

no one ever remembers the passwords to their objects.

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
AllanP
Advocate

Hi,

you should tick the "Placeable" object option, to make it visible in the objects list.

with this unticked, it acts as a macro that can be called by other objects, but can't be seen in the objects menu.

AllanP_0-1719788861737.png

To save a library part

when the library part window is the active window

you use the file menu File >Save

or

File>Save as

or

you can use CMD + S

AllanP_0-1719815889367.png

then the save library part dialogue comes up instead of the normal save project dialogue

AllanP_1-1719815917674.png

I hope this helps.

P.S.

the "Commercial" License is to password protect things for people/companies that don't want others to see the internal code.

you should select an option at the top that doesn't require a password.

no one ever remembers the passwords to their objects.

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)

Setup info provided by author