Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

list of placed objects on a layout

alemanda
Advocate
Looking at the revision history objects I was wondering How to get a list of only the visible objects (placed in several views) on a layout?
Any idea?
Has somebody ever tried to get it?
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
13 REPLIES 13
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Hmm... that would require some very complex scheduling and then manually combining them on the layout. From the top off my head, that is.

Any particular object category you are thinking off here (eletrical, furniture, etc)?

Or are you referring to revised objects only?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
alemanda
Advocate
I need to have a list of objects. It's for a general purpose. I think of it since a long time ... but I didn't figure out how to get it.
I saw something similar in the keynote by cadimage.
They have a schedule that can show only the labels on that specific layout.
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

www.almadw.it
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can use schedules to list objects placed on a story or inside certain zones, etc. This might be what you are looking for. You can place the schedule on your layout.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/views-of-the-virtual-buildin...
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
alemanda
Advocate
Thanks for your help.

What you suggest It's not exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

I'm trying to have a list of only those objects visible on a certain layout. Of course in the layout I can place details, floor plans, sections, worksheet ...
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

www.almadw.it
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.

Well, it "can" be done using GDL, but is not an easy task. The thing is: what kind of objects are you trying to schedule and how do you want them scheduled? I ask because views (per your last comment) can be scheduled. Objects however, cannot be AFAIK.

Please read this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=45031&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

If you like, I can upload the test I did using the code posted (with some modifications), so you can see how it works.

Best regards
alemanda
Advocate
I need a schedule of the objects which are visible, only those visible, on a certain layout.
The schedule has to be placed in the masterlayout and it will be produced by GDL also.
My problem is how to know which objects are visible in that specific layout.
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

www.almadw.it
alemanda
Advocate
Yes SinceV6
I read the code you mentioned in the linked topic.
... I need to study the "request" command for Homedbinfo ...

What I understood is that I have to write in a file the "context" (and the other data I need to schedule) where "myobject "is placed (plan, section, detail, layout), then place the "scheduler" in the masterlayout; the scheduler will read the file written by "myobjects" and check if the "context" (for each myobject) is present on that specific layout ...

A little bit complicated ...
I will try
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

www.almadw.it
sinceV6
Advocate
Well... not quite. The code in the example only works if both objects are placed directly in a layout, not a master. Didn't try to make it work that way though, in the couple hour test I made.

In that context, you have one object that writes information to a text file, and then a scheduler object that sorts through it to find the objects that are placed in that layout only. Just not sure you can create an object that you could place on a master layout and behave differently on each layout...

But what I understand you are trying to do is far more complex, so please correct me if I'm wrong: you want to place objects in standard views (plan, sections, details, etc), then place those views in layouts and create a schedule object that will know what views are placed in each layout and if they contain the objects you want to schedule? If that is what you are after, I don't think GDL can go that far. Something like this would need to be programmed using the API, and is way more advanced.

There might be some other workarounds, or maybe a different way to show what you want.
alemanda
Advocate
sinceV6 wrote:
Well... not quite. The code in the example only works if both objects are placed directly in a layout, not a master. Didn't try to make it work that way though, in the couple hour test I made.

In that context, you have one object that writes information to a text file, and then a scheduler object that sorts through it to find the objects that are placed in that layout only. Just not sure you can create an object that you could place on a master layout and behave differently on each layout...

But what I understand you are trying to do is far more complex, so please correct me if I'm wrong: you want to place objects in standard views (plan, sections, details, etc), then place those views in layouts and create a schedule object that will know what views are placed in each layout and if they contain the objects you want to schedule? If that is what you are after, I don't think GDL can go that far. Something like this would need to be programmed using the API, and is way more advanced.

There might be some other workarounds, or maybe a different way to show what you want.
What you understood is correct.

I'm making some simple beginning tests. I will keep the thread updated.

I'm starting from this point
http://195.144.20.106/viewtopic.php?p=81698&sid=e4bb01eac63a342ca1b256256f8044db
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

www.almadw.it