cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

precast baluster

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know how to create a baluster? I already have the desired profile in Profile Manager but I can not rotate the object to create a round baluster.
Thank you.
AC10
WindowsXP 2
Pentium 2.4Gz
1GbRam
18 REPLIES 18
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Karl wrote:
Bier wrote:
Because, even collectively, they are not that smart over there.
Believe me, they are plenty smart in Budapest.
I'd like to back up Karl's comments - the guys in Budapest are great, and we should be cautious with our criticism. The whole purpose of the API is to allow for 3rd parties to broaden ArchiCAD's scope. GS has many demands to juggle, and they can't address every problem.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Karl wrote:
Bier wrote:
Because, even collectively, they are not that smart over there.
Believe me, they are plenty smart in Budapest.
I'd like to back up Karl's comments - they guys in Budapest are great, and we should be cautious with our criticism. The whole purpose of the API is to allow for 3rd parties to broaden ArchiCAD's scope. GS has many demands to juggle, and they can't address every problem.
I would like to add my voice to the chorus. Having been there and met many of those responsible, I found that they are very bright, hardworking folks who really care about what they are doing. We may not always agree with their priorities and I do wish there were more of them, but on the whole I think they are doing a good job.
Dwight
Newcomer
And isn't it an immense job?

So many fronts to fight against in development, patching older versions and immediate bug fixes. It must seem like a war, but one fought with typewriters and television sets.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Have to chime in in defense of the guys from Budapest ...

Never judge anyone until you have walked a mile in his shoes, or something like that?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok,
Looks like I went to far that time.
Looks like I loose the vote.
Bier
ps
Sure pay a lot of hard earned money for a program where there are so many problems.
Just want to yell out sometimes.
Djordje
Ace
Bier wrote:
Sure pay a lot of hard earned money for a program where there are so many problems. Just want to yell out sometimes.
Yelling is fine.

Calling names can get a bit too close ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yey, like somebody calling somebody a "punk"
Bier
Dwight
Newcomer
Calling undeserved names, then…
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see that this is an older post but never mind.I just want to say that is great explained how to make balusters and similar objects.Thanks Ralph