BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

problem creating custom gdl object using archicad tools.!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have made a very complex model in archicad using many gdl objects I created from the standard archicad tools. At first all were fine but after two days of working in the project, archicad started to give me errors about the gdl 3d script in these objects. The most common error is the fault in 17 line of 3d script. I dont know the gdl language so I cannot repair the objects. The question first is why the archicad find these errors in my custom gdl objects? some they are very simple geometry objects, like a rail created with a slab tool and rotated 90 degrees. Now I have found middle solution for these errors and I export these objects in .3ds file, opened in 3dstudio max, clean isolated vertices etc. and return them back into my archicad project with the 3ds import plugin. After that I dont get errors, but I continue to have problem exporting the whole model in artlantis format to render it. Artlantis export plugin for some reason dont like my custom gdl objects and give me the ' cannot write output file error'. And if I not load my gdl custom library parts it exports the artlantis file sucessfully.
I hope someone had the same problem as me and help me. Im sorry for the long post.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Joeri wrote:
David wrote:
Given the method and problems you have posted, this is not a GDL issue, but an export issue.
David, are you sure? I have an object called ImacG5 and if placed on plan I get the same Artlantis output error. Delete object = nice export...
Just based on George's last screen shot that was labeled "save as attempt with no libraries loaded:", so his export problem seemed to be more than library parts. None of the error messages in George's screen shots showed the 3D Script error mentioned in his first post.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
......., especially if you are using large texture maps.l.
Finally I found what caused the problem, I had loaded in libraries very large texture maps (about 25mb each image). I sent the the pla file to a friend who has archicad 13 64bit and without a problem exported succesfully in artlantis file because archicad 13 64bit dont have limitation with ram. After that I tried also to reduce in photoshop the resolution of my textures down to 5-10mb and AC12 also exported successfully my artlantis file . I also notice that if I had loaded the texture libraries at the start of the program and unload them after (as in the screenshots I posted) I couldnt export. Maybe because they remain in memory. thanks for your help Mr. David Collins, and all others for interest in my problem.
Greetings from Greece,
George
Learn and get certified!