Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

where is the detail library

Anonymous
Not applicable
in the tutoral to archicad, when talking about sections, it says that you can merge an existing dwg. file into your model.
it takes it from a detail libray that should be in the library folder, but i do not have this.

if it does not come with one where can i download existing librarys from, because i am not familiar with section building and would like to make it easier for myself.

thanls
26 REPLIES 26
Thomas Holm
Booster
Get some basic training!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
what do you mean get some basic training? this programme boast that it is designed to help the people who know little about sections.
im studying architecture, and you can just learn it over night.
all i ask for is a little help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Allow me. First of all, you will find that people in the forum will be a lot more receptive if they feel you trust them. Use the profile to give them a name and a location that is real. It's also handy to know which version of Archicad, Operating system, and system specs you are using. There are many people here(Thomas being one of them) that can help big time!! The search button can be very helpful. My "basic training" did not include ".dwg merging". A search on the subject would have found a post that included Thomas's explanation to me about merging .dwg's. With that said...In AC9(not sure about other versions) Goto File/Merge. Here you have to tell AC where the .dwg is. Double click the .dwg....Then click "Place".
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i know how to merge the file. however i am runnin ac 10 and 11 and neither have a detail libary as explained in the tutorial. do i have to make my own? if so where can i get the details from?
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh and my comp spec is. 2 gb ram. 3.6hz processor - it runs perfectly fine just cant find the details
1. Which AC? Educational version? INT, USA, GER, etc.???
2. Which tutorial?
3. What library do you have loaded?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
All this info should be in your profile so that it shows everytime you post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok. i have archricad 10 and 11 both full versions.
im following the tutorial that can be downoaded from the graphisoft website about how to build a house.
and i havnt downloaded a libray because i can find a detail one, only the one that comes with the programme.
p.s. what does it matter what my computer specs are, all im askng for is if there is a detail library and if so where can i get it from?
Anonymous
Not applicable
there we go i changed my profile for you