Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

Broken laptop so cannot upload License Key

benjizac
Participant

Is there a way to transfer a license key without access to the original machine? My laptop has died, so I cannot access the License Manager Tool, so thought there may be a way Graphisoft can 'disassociate' the License from the defunct computer, so that it can then be used on a replacement machine.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
archigreen
Enthusiast

I'm sorry to hear that, it happened to me once. Call Graphisoft and they will disable your old key number and give you another one.

Cheers!

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MF BIM
Booster

Hello Ben,

This happened to me once and what you would need to do is contact your reseller so they can destroy the previous key and recreate a new one.

https://mfbim.fr | https://youtube.com/@mfbim
AC21 FRA 3005 - AC24 FRA 7600 - AC26 FRA 4027 | MacBook M1 Pro
Solution
archigreen
Enthusiast

I'm sorry to hear that, it happened to me once. Call Graphisoft and they will disable your old key number and give you another one.

Cheers!

ArchiCAD 26
MacOS Monterey
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max
64 GB

Thanks both - unfortunately the original re-seller has stopped dealing with Graphisoft, so I will contact them directly and hopefully get this sorted!

Cheers.

Ben.

Hi Ben

I am interested to know if you had to pay for the replacement licence? The same thing has happend to me and my reseller is requesting a substantial payment for the new licence.

Cheers

Barry

Is your license a software license or a hardware license (USB key)?

I have heard of a small administration fee being charged for a software license.

And a slightly larger fee for a hardware key, because it physically has to be replaced and shipped to you.

Barry (the original one!) 😉

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry

I have a software key.

The key is visible under my Graphisoft ID information but has been classed as destroyed because Graphisoft cannot recover the licence.

$530NZ ($260US) is not what I consider a small administration cost.

A bit disappointed.

Cheers 

Barry W

$530 for a software license seems a little excessive to me, but that is just my opinion.

I guess the big question is how did it get destroyed and who is responsible?

In your Graphisoft ID it should show in your company pool and say if it has been downloaded by anyone.

If it has been downloaded then it needs to be uploaded from the machine that has it.

If that is not possible because the machine is damaged or stolen, then I can understand there may be a small fee to replace it.

If you are paying a support agreement, check what is included in the conditions - maybe there is something about one free license change per year.

If the license is in your pool and not assigned to anyone, I would argue the point that you have not caused the damage.

It should be available to you and if it isn't, surely that is Graphisoft's responsibility and not yours?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11