BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Need to reinstall Archicad 13 (student) object library

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I recently upgraded to Archicad 14 Student edition (my 1 year license for 13 has expired). In the process I unwittingly deleted the object library for Archicad 13. I didn't realize my projects still were going to rely on it. Is there any way to reinstall the Archicad 13 object library?
Thank you,
Spartan
10 REPLIES 10
dhaval7shah
Newcomer
You can open your 13 files in AC14 and keep working.
You need to Load 'ArchiCAD 13 migration library' from the installed ArchiCAD 14's folder.
(however you can download ArchiCAD 13 library from the net)
Dhaval Shah
Upto AC 22
iMacs and MacBookPros: Mac OS X (10.6 to 10.12, Intel core 2 Quad to i5, i7, 8 GB to 16GB)
Win 10, AMD Opteron 6-Core x 2, 16GB, FirePro W4100 2GB
& ThinkPad E550
& i7, 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
dhaval7shah,
I looked on Graphisoft's site for the Archicad 13 library, but the closest thing I could find was on this page: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/developer/downloads/. The Basic library available on it only contains a few samples.
Do you know where it can be downloaded from?
Once I get it, do I use the library manager in AC to import it?
Thank you again,
Spartan
Eduardo Rolon
As Dhaval said you need to add the AC13 Migration Library to your project, it is located in the same place as the AC14 one.

It is not necessary to download the full AC13 library.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon,
OK, I went to the library manager and added the Archicad 13 migration library. It seems to only have about 14 objects in its subfolders. I went to object, linked libraries, Archicad 13 migration library. The following subfolders were available:
00 General
11 Equipment 13
12 Furnishings 13
14 Conveying systems 13
22 Plumbing 13
32 Exterior Improvements 13
If I recall correctly, these objects weren't in the original Archicad 13 library.
-Spartan
Eduardo Rolon
In your library you should have loaded the AC13 MIgration Library and AC14 Regular library.

The migration library is for those objects that cannot be updated to the new version. Because of this the Migration library does not contain all of the objects.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think we are honing in on the problem here. It looks like the AC 14 library wasn't loaded at all. I'll try re-installing AC 14.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah hah! I got it. All I needed to do was add the AC 14 library to my project that was created with AC 13. The fact that it kept saying that the Archicad 13 library was unavailable, even after adding the AC 13 migration library was a red herring. Thank you all for your ideas, they lead me in the right direction.
-Spartan Giordano
Thomas Holm
Booster
Spartan, thanks for pointing to the ongoing problem of library management when migration between AC versions.

I think, by default, when you for the first time open a project saved in an earlier app version (say AC13) in a later version (say AC14), the later version should by default replace the old version's standard libraries with the new version's plus the old version's migration library.

Warning dialogs, opt-out options apply, of course, but that should be the default. The procedure is far too opaque today.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas,
Thank you for your post. I don't feel quite so stupid now.
-Spartan
Learn and get certified!