Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Valid license required to run AI visualizer? (I assume I have it)

Martin Jan Rosa
Booster

I am an Archicad user with a perpetual license and an SSA contract with a local vendor, and I have access to all updates. However, when I run AI Visualizer in Archicad 28 I get a message that I need a valid Archicad license to use it.

I tracked down the information that AI Visualizer is only for Collaborate and Edu license holders. So am I to understand that if I have a license that I previously believed provided me with full use of Archicad with all its features (and I consider the AI Visualizer, which is now part of its standard installation, to be such a feature), that I can now expect to be gradually cut back on various features, only to be forced to switch to another licensing method?

Snímek obrazovky 2024-10-03 v 13.33.00.jpg

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

www.martinrosa.cz
GRAPHISOFT Certified Archicad BIM Manager, 2021, 2023
AC 28 CZ @ macOS 15.0 @ MacBook Pro M3 Max
28 REPLIES 28

So Martin, do you think there is still point to continue paying for the support pack?

The Support Pack (an SSA/FWD contract in our local market) is the only way to keep Archicad up to date at the moment. It's not something I'm particularly concerned about - the regular monthly payment doesn't burden me.

By the way, last week I tried to approach the local distributor and GS directly with an inquiry to transfer my license to Collaborate - still no response... So if I want to use AI Visualizer (which I don't, fortunately), I have no chance anyway, since I can't even get a subscription... ☹️

www.martinrosa.cz
Radek_K
Booster

Thank you for your reply. Totally understand. I’m sure your local distributor will reply, i guess even for them this is becoming very confusing situation. My point was since the support pack is a annual contract and my renewal is due soon i wondered whether i should let it run for another year or start thinking about a change. But yeah having Ai visualizer or not doesn’t bother at all at the moment. 

I understand the questions about the contract extension. Also in the regard that the very good Collaborate subscription transition offer that GS is presenting here is limited to 2024. We are in October, and we are still not clear on what the transition will be in relation to our local contracts. I myself would like at least a chance to consider this offer, if not take it up directly (whether I actually choose it depends on a number of facts that are unclear to me at the moment, reading only the rather vague marketing statement here on the site). Either way, the switch for existing FWD/SSA clients will involve having to pay 1-3 years of subscription fees up front (while I now pay, probably like most, quarterly), which can put quite a bit of uncomfortable pressure on last-minute decisions.

Communication from both GS and the local partner is somewhat disappointing at the moment... They're offering something that doesn't look like it's for sale...

www.martinrosa.cz

To be fair, I have to say that I just got a message from a local distributor that they will be communicating information regarding the move to Collaborate later this month. 😉

www.martinrosa.cz

Great 👍 Could you please share the result?

DeMoyerArch
Contributor

I rang my local supplier (Australia) and whilst they have been communicating the upcoming change from perpetual licenses to subscription model to a degree, it was very obvious the actual sales reps don’t know much about the details. It appears that the fee we used to pay for the ongoing SSA agreement will near triple when all the rebates / discounts fade out in several years time. I’m currently asking whether there is an option to somehow gain access to the ai visualizer…

Ondrej_J
Participant

Hello, these texts within the community are causing me significant concern about the future direction of ArchiCAD licensing. I am a long-time user with a perpetual license and contract. Recent changes, where the AI add-on was made available only to users with an annual subscription, have caused me worry. I see this move by Graphisoft as a signal towards a forced transition to a subscription model, which is personally unacceptable to me, especially considering the extreme price increase.

The writing is on the wall. GS will do everything in their power to force you to subscribe. By terminating SSA completely, they show they clearly think clients who are not in subscription are not profitable enough, so they are willing to lost some of them because of the gain of new subscribers. Only a complete debacle would reverse this course, and it probably isn´t going to happen - even if it does, it would take some years to take notice and reversing the decision would prove very difficult or impossible: who would pay a new full license on some years in the light of what is going on now?

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Well, it seems like they are following Autocad strategy. Apparently they had big drop in license purchases and lots of unhappy users when they introduced subscription system. But they’re doing ok now ….

Time will tell but it really looks like GS main focus is on large studios and corporations not the little guys. 

Setup info provided by author