Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Cutaway Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
when i switch to 3D window im in Cutaway and i can't get rid of it, i try it from view menu to switch on/off cutaway, but i was unsuccessful

any ideas
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
in the cutaway plane screen i can only see 2 dotts in each window, i don't why that happened, i don't think you be able to see it, if i took another picture of it

cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Heimm,

It looks like you are suffering from the invisible cutting plane of doom, rather than a defined 3D cut-away that the guys above are trying to fix.

See here to fix -

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Model_cut_in_3D

Hope that helps!

(BTW, to take a screenshot in future, use the printscreen button on the keyboard, then paste into a new document in a graphics program like photoshop. )
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you very much peter problem solved now
Anonymous
Not applicable
-. --- / .--. .-. --- -... .-.. . -- -.-.--

No problem!!

David Bearss
Booster
Hey this is happening to me in v18. Got some cutting planes and cannot delete them. Looks like the link to the solution needs to be updated. Can anybody help out?
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
David:

In the Help files see: Views of the Virtual Building > ArchiCAD Model Views > 3D Window > 3D Cutting Planes > Delete Cutting Planes.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
David Bearss
Booster
Yeah, that's the frustrating part. I can delete them but there still seems to be some phantom cutting planes just in front of the camera. Tried re-booting project and computer to no avail. Came across some other threads that it was a bug in the past and the only workaround was to rebuild the model in a clean file. Was hoping another solution had been devised.

Other comments indicated it was only with open GL in the perspective view. Not here, open GL in any 3D view.

And then.... to add to the mystery, a cold boot overnight and seems to have resolved. We'll see.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
...Came across some other threads that it was a bug in the past and the only workaround was to rebuild the model in a clean file. Was hoping another solution had been devised...

The problem originally was caused by elements being placed a long way from the project origin. The only helpcenter article I can find that still mentions something similar is this one - http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/3d-modeling/far-from-origin/

The solution is simply to move the elements closer to 0,0.

I have no idea if this is actually still an issue with later versions of ARCHICAD.