Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D points cloud and mesh modelling... architerra?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo everyone, I've got a big problem... I have to model a 3D terrain and I have a cloud of 3D points defining it. I have this cloud both in dwg format and in txt format, how can I transform this cloud in a 3D mesh with Archicad?

I have Architerra too and it actually imports the cloud of points... but it looks like this is no sufficiente information for architerra to generate a proper 3D terrain model, because it only shows me, as a result, a flat mesh with various points like mountains. What am I doing wrong? Surely there must be a way to model a 3D terrain from a cloud of points, right? Why aren't the points softly connected one with another? I just don't get it, please help, I a newbye with meshes...
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you use AC14, it's simple:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer and sorry for not explaining properly about my environment: Mac OSX 10.6 latest version, Archicad 13. I've got architerra 3 too. What will AC14 do with my cloud of points with that command? Will I have something like a spikes field or a real terrain morphology based on my points?

P.S.: since I don't have ac14... could you please please create the mesh for me if I send you the points?
Sorry for disturbing...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Attach the .txt file in .zip format.
Anonymous
Not applicable
andro55 wrote:
Attach the .txt file in .zip format.
Thank u so much man!
These points are all around a certain shape... please see if you can obtain anything different from a terribly sad spike field
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC14 result is:
Mesh_punti_AC13.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can download the .pln in AC13 from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4k9fck276mivrl4/Mesh_punti_AC13.zip
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, that's what I mean. Thank u very much for trying but can you that it looks like a spike field, not a real terrain? I mean, why does it have to be so sharp? In your experience, isn't there a way to make it look like a real terrain?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Change settings of the Mesh:
Mesh_All ridges smooth.jpg