Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex profile walls, and adding composites

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,
I am trying to figure out how to apply a wall composite that i made to a wall that is a custom profile wall. In the profile manager i can change the vectorial fill for example "Block Concrete," but i cant figure out where to apply a "composite structure." Any help?
fyi, i am in Archicad14
Thanks in advance!
-Boris
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
You cannot. A composite fill applies only to a composite wall, slab or roof (and shell in 15) as the cut fill for one of those elements. It is not a fill that you can draft with, such as in the Profile editor.

So, you either have to reconstruct the skins in the Profile editor, or you can use the commands to 'capture' the profile of an existing wall (or walls) as a new profile .. and then copy the fills from this captured profile to your working profile.

More specifically in your case:

1. Draw a temporary wall using the composite that you need to utilize

2. Select the wall(s)

3. Design menu > Complex Profiles > Capture Profile of Selection

5. A Profile Editor window opens with the captured wall profile - all skins, with total height equal to the height of the selected wall. Horizontal stretch zone created corresponding to the fills marked as structure 'core'. Edit/copy paste these as necessary into your further customized profile.

Cheers,
Karl

PS Note that multiple walls, at different heights and spacing (including air gaps), can be captured this way to quickly get a complex profile started.
Capture wall profile.gif
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats great. Much appreciated. These are options i wasn't aware of, i will test this out right away.
Thanks You!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It worked. Thanks, that is a fantastic tool!
Karl Ottenstein
Glad it worked for you!
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB