Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3d views, viewing though elements to edit.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm very new to ArchiCAD and have been going though an online tutorial get up to speed on AC23. The learning program that I'm using (Black Spectacles) is using a slightly older version of the program. For the most part everything is the same, however today I encountered an issue where what I see on the screen is different from the presentation. The course is asking us to edit geometry inside a closed wall configuration. In their view the can see through all the objects to select vertices etc. On my out-of-the-box AC23 I have rendered shapes showing as solids. No matter what I do I cannot get my view to look anything like theirs. I've played around with the views (Menu > View > 3D View Options) but none of the combinations there give me what is being shown in their demo screen. Can anyone give me an idea of that I'm missing or that the equivalent is in AC23. This seems pretty basic, and thus far I'm flying though the tutorials. (And yes I did ask Black Spectacles but us been a few days and I've had no response.) Any insight for a newbie is most appreciated. Cheers!
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just select the roof?

Why not work through Graphisofts own tutorials?

Edit: Ah, Black Spectacles is partnered with Graphisoft...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the feedback. I think that part of this may be that they are using AC21in their tutorial and it just looks different. Now that I've dug a little deeper I see that selecting all/some of the objects will get me close to the same thing as the tutorial view. The confusing part is that they don't show them selecting anything after switching to the 3D view and suddenly that is the view that they show. They probably edited the video and left that part out. Also thanks for your link to the official ArchiCAD tutorials. Most appreciated. Cheers!