cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

A R C H I C H A T - the New Business Model?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm contemplating opening up a new company.

It'll be called "ArchiChat"
Premise: Forum dedicated to actual real-time (on-line) Q+A's about the pitfalls, do's and don'ts about Archicad.

Kinda like the forum which exists on GS now but...live...real-time. Not this blipping back and forth message stuff.

Don't misunderstand me. This forum is fantastic...but....sometimes we need "instant" answers to questions in Archicad and to be honest....we just can not wait till someone (very helpful I'm adding) gets around to seeing and eventually answering or commenting on the question.

Sometimes, users get "stuck" and simply cannot move forward on a certain task in Archicad. They muddle thru them, spending hours trying to make a door behave a certain way or make a pen print a certain way or whatever the case may be......hence the birth of ARCHICHAT.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can do this with Skype. You can create an account for business. If anyone calls that account through Skype, they will charge the amount per minute you specify. They will take a certain commission (I think 30% or something), you keep the rest.

One can also use TeamViewer or some other desktop sharing application so the person giving the support can see the other person's screen.

I think it is a feasible business model.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
Thanks Laszlo....I'm sure there are plenty of users in the world (one advantage of working round the clock) who would want to be part of something, get paid for their expertise, while contributing to the promotion of the software they use.

I just need to sit down and come up with the details of how to make it work.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds really promising.

I hope to be updated about future developments.
rob2218
Enthusiast
The first step is research.
So..why dont we start here.

I know a few good Power-Bim-users already here on the forums so what I'd like to do is the follwoing:
1. send me your name (full) and contact information/ email etc...what version of Archicad you are on.
2. send me how many years you've worked with this software.
3. where are you working now and are you still working with Archicad?
4. What is your role where you are?
5. Location: important one. (if you work in a different time zone).
6. If you know how to make custom fully parametric objects.
7. Have you ever been the BIM manager at an office? how many years.
8. Have you had any experience with any BIM server setups-brief description.?
9. Have you had any experience with IFC translation issues - describe?
10. Did you "PERSONALLY" develop any construction documentation projects? describe your role if so.
11. What kind of 3d or rendering skills in BIM do you have - describe.

I think this is a good starting point for me to do my assessment of potential power-users.

If you'd like feel free to PM me or email on this if you don't want to divulge any information to the rest of the net.

my email is rob2218@gmail.com

thanks,
Rob
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
I'm contemplating opening up a new company.

It'll be called "ArchiChat"
Premise: Forum dedicated to actual real-time (on-line) Q+A's about the pitfalls, do's and don'ts about Archicad.

Kinda like the forum which exists on GS now but...live...real-time. Not this blipping back and forth message stuff.

Don't misunderstand me. This forum is fantastic...but....sometimes we need "instant" answers to questions in Archicad and to be honest....we just can not wait till someone (very helpful I'm adding) gets around to seeing and eventually answering or commenting on the question.

Sometimes, users get "stuck" and simply cannot move forward on a certain task in Archicad. They muddle thru them, spending hours trying to make a door behave a certain way or make a pen print a certain way or whatever the case may be......hence the birth of ARCHICHAT.
that's sort of like what we are aiming for with this: bimstop.com/forum
although we were aiming more at BIM as a whole, but the idea of keeping it more fast paced I like. A bit like a fast Q&A.

or were you looking at charging for it? so more like a real time, pay per minute service?
rob2218
Enthusiast
My business idea is slow in coming to fruition but I expected this.
As my brother would say "Life gets in the way".....so with that in mind, the answer to your question is as follows:

I'm thinking more along the lines of a pay-as-you-go kinda support using software like "join.me" to show you immediate, on-screen, process on how to do something in Archicad.

Join.me is a FREE software screen sharing tool. Amazingly fast response times on the sharing...really slick and easy.

Now, just the legal implications of how to actually address my business is what's challenging at this point.

thanks for asking.

Rob
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
join.me looks great. I'd just do some research on who is willing to pay, in my experience most AC users like things for free, so would probably just ring their reseller (who should be providing support), but maybe if it is a problem really annoying them they would be happy to pay.