Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC10 Complex Profile Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm editing a complex profile and my Vertical Stretch lines won't show up -- even when the show/hide eye is open. What setting am I missing?
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
Did you draw them yet?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I already drew the fills. By accident I discovered that I can grab the Vertical Stretch lines even though they are invisible. Even more strange, on a test profile that I created last week the Veritical Stretch lines show up! Why for one profile, but not for others?

[Edit]

I finally figured it out. I have to grab them while they are invisible and assign a color to them because they are set to 1, but the color is "missing". Why would they have a non-functioning pen 1 assigned to them in the first place?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Jay wrote:
I have to grab them while they are invisible and assign a color to them because they are set to 1, but the color is "missing". Why would they have a non-functioning pen 1 assigned to them in the first place?
Jay:

Next time this occurs you might want to check which pen set is in use: look at Pens & Colors (Model Views) to make sure that you are not using an unusual pen set. If you cannot switch here to your standard pen set, you can use the Attribute Manager to import a pen set from another project.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Jay wrote:
I finally figured it out. I have to grab them while they are invisible and assign a color to them because they are set to 1, but the color is "missing". Why would they have a non-functioning pen 1 assigned to them in the first place?
I've had this problem as well. The default ArchiCAD pen set is active. Have to "Select All" to find the Stretch Lines and change their pen so they appear...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004