Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC16 drag box keeps disappearing

Anonymous
Not applicable
so every now and then the drag box will disappear
and also other elements such as drawing a line you will have to guess where the line is and hold shift to draw a straight line and click and hope that it is in the correct location.

the only way to sccesfully fix this is to save, then close archicad and re-open and it is fine again. problem is i dont want to have to do this every hour of every day
we have recently upgraded from AC11 to AC16 i thought this bug would have been fixed loonnnnnnnng ago.

have always had a problem with this, does anyone have any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
I haven't figured out which keyboard shortcut I'm using turns the Tracker toggle off (is this a bug or a feature?) while I'm working. This appears to be inadvertent.

It can be turned on again without having to redo what you're doing. simply drag your mouse pointer up to the thracker box at the top, turn it back on and return to the workspace.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
I haven't figured out which keyboard shortcut I'm using turns the Tracker toggle off (is this a bug or a feature?) while I'm working. This appears to be inadvertent.

It can be turned on again without having to redo what you're doing. simply drag your mouse pointer up to the thracker box at the top, turn it back on and return to the workspace.
The default key to toggle the tracker is "J"

Random disappearance AFAIK is a bug. For me it seems to be only on start up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh no this is not the tracker

this is when you left click in a blank space (with nothing selected) and move your cursor, creating a dotted selection box as you drag

its this selection box that disappears

(also this selection box shows regardless if the tracker is turned on or off)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, so you mean the "rubber band" showing the extents of the pending selection area. I have seen this but not for a long time. I believe it is a video driver issue.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
We are STILL having this problem in ArchiCAD 21... on Macs that don't HAVE separate video drivers! It happens most often on low-powered laptops (older MacBook Pro's), but it randomly appears on good machines as well. Typically, a computer restart will fix it, but I have a few machines that are experiencing it persistently.

This ALSO seems to disable the scroll wheel zooming, and 3D navigation. Manual zoom still works.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Da3dalus,

Sorry, but I am not sure what the exact issue is.
  • Do you also mean the selection box disappearing?
  • Can you send me the specs of a computer that has this issue?
  • Next time this happens, could you make a short video about what happens exactly and send it to me? (You can easily create screen recordings on macOS with QuickTime). It would help a lot.
Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit