Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHED BRICK REVEAL WITH INSET RECTANGULAR WINDOW?

rob2218
Enthusiast
How all....I know most of you probably are out partying right now but...any help on how best to accomplish my task I'd greatly appreciate it.

here's my parameters:
1) thick (1'-0") brick exterior wall.
2) contains a "square window" with fussy fenestrations at head and sill.
3) the exterior wall has an "inset with arched top" in which where the squared window sits.
4) arched reveal inset goes all way down to wall base.

Now..I want to mimic this design but I don't want to have "Solid Objects" floating in a layer that I hide. Meaning I don't want "stuff" having to create my reveal with arched top on a layer which I need to always have "off". I want an exterior wall with a reveal with an arched top that goes to the base of the wall where a square window resides.

Now..I don't mind having two walls, one that houses the square window and another wall that has an arched opening but I don't want one wall in front of another wall either just to create that "opening arched effect"....Please advise.

thanks all.

Reveal-question-small.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
rob2218
Enthusiast
by the way....here's what the as-built condition sketches out to be in plan.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had an attempt at what you want to achieve and here is how I would achieve it.
There are two walls, interior and exterior.
The interior walls are story specific and have the windows.
The exterior is full height over both floors with wall is set to show on all relevant stories and set to cut only, this allows you to run your arch into the first floor but with cutting planes means it will not show up on the second floor.
The exterior wall has the empty openings which will get aligned to the windows behind in an elevation view.
The band is just a slab.
Hope it helps. If not, well, I had fun modelling it.
Elevation.jpg
rob2218
Enthusiast
Good try....though I was hoping to avoid the "two wall" scenario....the inside/and outside walls for the exterior wall.

I was hoping that the exterior wall could be composed of 1 wall....with an arch niche and the window placed in that same wall.

Your model view looks like it could work....just the 2 wall route is the only thing that I wanted to not do.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23