Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 19 Announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Today ArchiCAD 19 was announced by Graphisoft.
Find all information about it here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/archicad-19/overview/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
56 REPLIES 56
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Rick wrote:
s2art wrote:
With Tab based navigation do different tabs maintain their own layer and MVO settings, etc.? Or will each tab have its own independent view settings?
You only can have one floor plan tab open. Many sections, elevations, 3D, drawing sheets, etc, but you can't have .. say floor one and floor 2 open at the same time. You can't have floor 1 framing and floor 1 electrical open at the same time. You always have to have the floor plan open.
Which is basically how it always worked, only now Windows of the various Viewpoints can be tabbed in the interface.
Rick Thompson
Expert
laszlonagy wrote:
Which is basically how it always worked, only now Windows of the various Viewpoints can be tabbed in the interface.
The tab feature alone is worth the price of admission. It really makes the work flow much nicer. I normally have several pln's open and it is so much cleaner now, and faster. I really like this release much better than any in quite sometime.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
s2art wrote:
Barry wrote:
The tabs all change to the current layers and MVO of the view you have current.
Just like all your open windows do now.
But the TAB (so long as it is a view from the view map and not the project map) will have a triangular warning symbol on it to say it is not showing with its default settings.
Then a simple double click on the TAB will restore its original settings.

Barry.

I would have thought this was a good opportunity to sort that out, especially with all the talk of "background processing". Not really an improvement.
Just to clarify this a bit further:
A TAB in the TAB bar can display any Viewpoint. Let's say it is the South Elevation Viewpoint. You can double-click the South Elevation item in the Project Map, in which case the TAB bar will show the South Elevation Viewpoint with its current settings (whatever they are). Or, you can double-click a South Elevation item in the View Map (there could be more than one saved Views of the same Viewpoint), in which case the TAB bar will show the South Elevation Viewpoint with the settings stored in the saved View.
In the second case, if you change some setting, e.g. the Layer Combination, the TAB shows a Warning Icon for the View, which indicates that what you currently see in the TAB is not the same as what is stored in the View. In such a case you can double-click the TAB to restore the settings the View was saved with.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Anestis wrote:
I've been studying the feature comparison and this little guy caught my eye "BIMx Hyper-models: Viewable 3D in BIMx for Desktop"
Does anyone have any more information? Are we talking about vr?
Really excited about new features!
This might be a mistake in the feature comparison because this has already been available in AC18.
This feature means that when a BIMx file saved from ARCHICAD contains hyperlinks (2D Documentation) as well, the Desktop version can open it. Previously the BIMx Dekstop Viewer could open only BIMx files that contained only the 3D model (without hyperlinks, without the Layouts) because these two had different file structure and format. With this change, which has been available since last year, you can open a BIMx file in the Desktop Viewer even if it contains hyperlinks, but you will see only the 3D, you will not see the 2D Layouts in it (that is possible only on the BIMx Mobile version).

I will let the guys at GS know about this so they can fix the feature comparison chart.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the meantime they have already fixed it to show that this feature was already available in AC18.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
s2art wrote:
Barry wrote:

Barry.

I would have thought this was a good opportunity to sort that out, especially with all the talk of "background processing". Not really an improvement.
Just to clarify:
Single-click on a Tab is like using the Project Map in the Navigator: view is seen with the current layer, MVO, etc. settings
Double-click on a Tab is like using the View Map in the Navigator: view is seen with its stored View Settings

David
laszlonagy wrote:
s2art wrote:
Barry wrote:
But the TAB (so long as it is a view from the view map and not the project map) will have a triangular warning symbol on it to say it is not showing with its default settings.
Then a simple double click on the TAB will restore its original settings.

Barry.

Just to clarify this a bit further:
A TAB in the TAB bar can display any Viewpoint. Let's say it is the South Elevation Viewpoint. You can double-click the South Elevation item in the Project Map, in which case the TAB bar will show the South Elevation Viewpoint with its current settings (whatever they are). Or, you can double-click a South Elevation item in the View Map (there could be more than one saved Views of the same Viewpoint), in which case the TAB bar will show the South Elevation Viewpoint with the settings stored in the saved View.
In the second case, if you change some setting, e.g. the Layer Combination, the TAB shows a Warning Icon for the View, which indicates that what you currently see in the TAB is not the same as what is stored in the View. In such a case you can double-click the TAB to restore the settings the View was saved with.
That all makes a bit more sense. Initially I thought it was just another way to get to the window you want, but if it does remember settings and a double click is like a double click in the View Map, that's great. Thanks all for the clarification.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, it works the same way as before but instead of opening separate Windows for the various Viewpoints, by default ARCHICAD now arranges them into TABs like web browsers do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
abdelaziz wrote:
I hope the update of archicad 19 new improvement will bring a software architecture with its projection problem is severe (boolean does not work on 2D plane, gsm object located on several floors do can not be cut in the plane 2d this is serious) you should see the problem in front and adjust I'm tired of circumventing the brobleme
This would be a great addition to the software.Especialy the projection of the SEOs, in my oppinion it is a very important feature to have.
Any news about it?
laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, it works the same way as before but instead of opening separate Windows for the various Viewpoints, by default ARCHICAD now arranges them into TABs like web browsers do.
Can you pull out the "tabs" and have them floating as opposed to pinned or docked, just like you can with regular web browsers?

I realize that multi-monitor/multi-display capability is still more than likely a no-no with this version as well (I don't know if we'll ever get it at all), but I'm only asking as it pertains to be able to retain workflows we're already used to, while we get accustomed to the new interface.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Bricklyne wrote:
Can you pull out the "tabs" and have them floating as opposed to pinned or docked, just like you can with regular web browsers?
Windows: There are no major UI changes other than the introduction of the Tab Bar. Therefore it is still not possible to undock a window outside of the frame - same overall behaviour as per AC18.

Mac: Any Tab can be undocked from the unified window, therefore you can have the main framed window in full screen mode (or not, as you wish) and any number of undocked windows on a separate display.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager