cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ambiguous Error Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have a suggestion for what might actually be causing this error message? ArchiCAD is being most unhelpful when it tells me that "An error occurred during the last operation" without telling me what kind of error it is.

I drew a fill with area calculation and the error came up after I placed the area text. I was using a rectangle, not magic wand.

I am guessing it's a library part that somehow got corrupted. I'm getting these numerous times in this drawing, and I don't know if it is related to the template file I started with (which had instances of section marker tags I've been making, now deleted from the drawing completely).

I suppose a refresher on how to salvage a corrupt file might be welcome too.

Thanks,
Wes
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you are right about it being a misbehaving library part. The error is probably something for which an appropriate dialog hasn't been created, so you get the generic one. Try using a different zone stamp and see if the problem persists.
Djordje
Ace
Weston wrote:
I am guessing it's a library part that somehow got corrupted. I'm getting these numerous times in this drawing, and I don't know if it is related to the template file I started with (which had instances of section marker tags I've been making, now deleted from the drawing completely).
Deleting the library cache (that ArchiCAD recreates automatically) can help here
Weston wrote:
I suppose a refresher on how to salvage a corrupt file might be welcome too.
http://www.graphisoft.com/community/archicad-talk/viewtopic.php?t=973
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
haven't tested extensively (the test fit went out OK despite the "errors"), but deleting the cache seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the reminders.

wes