Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Annoying bug when editing Complex Profiles

gpowless
Advocate
Since the last update every time any composite is edited many unrelated composites automatically adjust their height even though the story heights have not changed. Others will sometimes show offsets from the story even though they have not been changed from their default story setting.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
11 REPLIES 11
gpowless
Advocate
Example:
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
gpowless:

Your screen shot shows a Complex Profile, not a Composite. My experience has been that when a Complex Profile is edited, all the other same placed Complex Profiles change to the default height.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
David wrote:
gpowless:

My experience has been that when a Complex Profile is edited, all the other same placed Complex Profiles change to the default height.

David
Only when the placed complex profiles are the default height of the profile you are editing (note they can never be shorter) and you are making the default profile higher.

If the placed walls have been made higher than the default or you are making the default profile shorter then the placed walls will not change.

The above only applies if your complex profile has a vertical stretch allowed.
If your complex profile is not stretchy then all placed instances will change as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
gpowless
Advocate
Well...semantics aside, the same thing happens to both complex profiles and composites...

The complex profiles are shorter and the vertical stretch is necessarily on. The option to automatically adjust wall heights to the storey heights must be available.

This has only occurred since the last update. It is a bug that needs to be fixed.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
gpowless wrote:
Well...semantics aside, the same thing happens to both complex profiles and composites...

The complex profiles are shorter and the vertical stretch is necessarily on. The option to automatically adjust wall heights to the storey heights must be available.
I cannot reproduce this with Composites (they do not have a default height like Complex Profiles). What are the steps to reproduce this bug?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
gpowless
Advocate
Composites seem to change when the complex profiles are edited and when there is a storey height adjustment (any story change). I have found that the composites reduced by -10" consistently.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
Barry Kelly
gpowless wrote:
Composites seem to change when the complex profiles are edited and when there is a storey height adjustment (any story change). I have found that the composites reduced by -10" consistently.
I'm confused as composites don't have anything to do with complex profiles.

But in the image you posted earlier (of a complex profile wall) I noticed it looked like it was grouped with other walls and there was a Solid Element Operation in place on it.
Looks to me that it might be with a wall that is in a layer that has been turned off?
If that other wall is linked to the stories that might be why your composite walls are seeming to adjust when in fact they are just involved in an SEO?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
gpowless
Advocate
No SEOs. What you see are some detail elements added to the section. Some of the lumber sections are included in the complex profile. The walls are all grouped on the same layers and there is no hidden layer that would affect this.

As to the composites...I don't know what the connection is. Not all composite walls change but when they do they are reduced by -10".
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
Barry Kelly
This is what made me think there was an SEO and grouping with something in a hidden layer.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27