Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Another WARNING!

Anonymous
Not applicable
"There are several (1) hotspots with teh same unique ID in the Library Part: NCS Drawing Title 11"

This started happening recently.

I get this warning everytime I try to change my Drawing title in a layout-

Anyone?!
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Jess,

There is apparently a bug in that library part (title) - please notify your tech support channel (reseller/GSUS).

A reminder to you and everyone: this Forum has a Search function. You can also use Google to search the forum. You'll likely find posts that address whatever question is raised (a new issue is pretty rare).

If you use the search link above and enter
hotspots same unique ID
you'll come across this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=92929&highlight=hotspots+same+unique#92929

Also, these forums can be searched with Google by entering a site restriction phrase. Often, the Google search is superior. Sometimes not. 😉 In the Google search box, for example, you would enter:
hotspots same unique ID site:archicad-talk.graphisoft.com
Restricting a search with site:<address> is a pretty handy feature of Google...but the forum's built-in search is probably better, since Google indexes the 'print' version of threads, and so the links probably don't contain any screenshots/etc....

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will report this, thanks.

I do search alot, I just didnt think of it this time, for what ever reason.

And I didn't know about the google deal- cool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl, or whom everelse it may concern /interest:

I have yet to report this, I forgot about it, but, i am back on it.
But, quick question- does it make sense that when I go into my drawing settings and chnage my title to something else and back again I no longer get that error messege?

And- where does that drawing title exist outside of the program? What Library?
I could probably replace it couldn't I?

How do you think we got this "bug" if that is what it is? Every computer in teh office does this?
Karl Ottenstein
Jesikuh123 wrote:
And- where does that drawing title exist outside of the program? What Library?
It is inside the main ArchiCAD 11 lcf file.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
eee.
sounds like a scary place to me.

i don't really know how to report this bug. i don't crash or get an option for a report.

? ?
__archiben
Booster
Jesikuh123 wrote:
But, quick question- does it make sense that when I go into my drawing settings and chnage my title to something else and back again I no longer get that error messege?
yes it does. the bug is in the length of the title line. if you 'Link Width to Position' it goes away... and this is the default state of the title. if you start stretching it around and modifying the title to a custom position and size, it switches the 'link width...' to off and so it begins . . .

the problem is in the way the hotspot IDs are called: rather than making the dynamic statement...
hspID=hspID+1
... after every use of the hotspot ID, they are hard-coded into the script as "hspID+1", "hspID+2", "hspID+3", etc. anyone who knows ransom (he wrote it) wants to flick him the link to this thread, i'm sure he'll sort it out . . .

with regard to google searching this site - yes, it's often much better than the in-built search engine. for mac users, try 'Google Importer' - it taps in to spotlight and allows you to search either the web or a specific website directly from your spotlight interface...

http://www.caffeinatedcocoa.com/googleImporter/index.html

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Stress Co_
Advisor
Off topic, But.......
~/archiben wrote:
with regard to google searching this site - yes, it's often much better than the in-built search engine.

Nice to see Google Custom Search has been added to the Architalk header (When did that happen?).
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
vistasp
Advisor
Stress wrote:
Nice to see Google Custom Search has been added to the Architalk header (When did that happen?).
I noticed it a few weeks ago Mark, but it's the overall site search. The forum search is still the same. To do a google search of the forum, head over to http://archicadstuff.blogspot.com/

There you can also find a box to search a bunch of related sites, including the wiki, in one shot. And if you know of any other sites that should be added to the search, please suggest them.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Djordje
Ace
vistasp wrote:
Stress wrote:
I noticed it a few weeks ago Mark, but it's the overall site search. The forum search is still the same. To do a google search of the forum, head over to http://archicadstuff.blogspot.com/

There you can also find a box to search a bunch of related sites, including the wiki, in one shot. And if you know of any other sites that should be added to the search, please suggest them.
And may I say that you have done a sterling job there!

Hats off, sir!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen