Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 16 Hotfix 3 (build 3482) released

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have released Hotfix 3 (build 3482) for ArchiCAD 16. It solves several crashes, fixes documentation, selection, display issues and IFC related problems. It also improves performance in certain cases.
The Hotfix is currently available through the automatic update system for INT, USA, AUS, NZE, GER, AUT, NED and SWE language versions. Other language versions will be enabled as they pass QC. You can find a list of fixed bugs in the release note:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC16-3270to3482-ReleaseNotes.html
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having brand new problem with 3487. It's when I drag, rotate, mirror, etc. anything in 3D using menu/shortcut commands (but not when I click drag something with the arrow tool). When I initiate the command the screen goes blank except for the selected elements until I make my first click. (The smart cursor still reacts to the stuff I can't see.) It's not a problem when I want to click on the selected item(s) but it's a bit of a pain when I want to do the transform relative to something else. I can work around it by moving the user origin beforehand and using that as my first click but it is annoying and rather disconcerting.

I have only tried this in my current project which is a complex model with some substantial IFC imports so I'm not sure if it is peculiar to this file. I'll check when I get the chance.

Has anyone else seen this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't duplicate that behavior in my current project.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Matthew wrote:
...Has anyone else seen this?
Don't see it here.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
It may just be something weird with this project. I'll make do for now. It could also be that I am using a five year old computer* with a new video card that isn't officially supported.

* I know. I can't believe I'm working on such an old machine, but each update to the old MacPro line has been so modest that I just could't get excited enough to blow another five grand. Now I'm just grinding my teeth hoping that the promised new major upgrade comes in Spring as some would have it rather than late 2013 according to other rumors.
Chris Phillips
Contributor
Even more unmitigated fun! I try and place a zone and I get a lock up. I try and model in 3d and there is no clue as to what will be selected when I click on the mouse. Certainly not what I am pointing at.
Everything has slowed down to a crawl, even when I am working on a single dwelling. My hair is being pulled out at a rate of knots! Will someone help before I go totally bald?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else seen this?[/quote wrote:

Yes, I get this too. I have changed my Nvidia drivers, but the problem persists.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
solitaire wrote:
Yes, I get this too. I have changed my Nvidia drivers, but the problem persists.
We are sorry to hear that the graphics card update did not help. Does this affect all of your projects or does it appear to be specific to one or more projects? Try with an empty file and let us know the result. This test may help us to get closer to the source of the issue.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton wrote:
solitaire wrote:
We are sorry to hear that the graphics card update did not help. Does this affect all of your projects or does it appear to be specific to one or more projects? Try with an empty file and let us know the result. This test may help us to get closer to the source of the issue.
I only have one project. I will try this on an empty file and revert.

On a separate note, is there a tool for cleaning up plan files? Since hotfix 3, my project takes about 5 mins to convert to 3d even when I select a small part of it in the marquee. This is a sporadic problem; sometimes it is quick (less than 10 secs) but for a majority of the time it is excruciatingly slow. I have tried it on my laptop and my desktop and the issue is the same on both. Which is why I am thinking perhaps the problem lies with my project file.

Thanks.
KeesW
Advocate
I tried loading the upgrade and got the following error message. Now what?
AC16 upgrade - what is this.JPG
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
solitaire wrote:

I only have one project. I will try this on an empty file and revert.

On a separate note, is there a tool for cleaning up plan files? Since hotfix 3, my project takes about 5 mins to convert to 3d even when I select a small part of it in the marquee. This is a sporadic problem; sometimes it is quick (less than 10 secs) but for a majority of the time it is excruciatingly slow. I have tried it on my laptop and my desktop and the issue is the same on both. Which is why I am thinking perhaps the problem lies with my project file.

Thanks.
The 3D is not re-calculated every time, I guess the full rebuild is slow in this case. Do you have many complex profiles, solid element operations? Before installing this latest hotfix was it significantly faster?

Anyways, our Singapore support is happy to help if you need assistance to check this situation: http://www.vnix.com.sg/graphisoftsg/company/personnel.html

The best would be providing them with that file and they (we) will check it.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT