cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14 New Features

Dennis Lee
Booster
See what's on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad#g/c/5C1926DD91A70C7B

Personally, not much in it for me at all!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
310 REPLIES 310
fuzzytnth3
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
...and where there used to be a command in the AC13's Help menu there isn't in AC14
Strange, I have the link:
Help\ArchiCAD 14 Downloads
Ah in AC11 and AC12 the menu item was called ArchiCAD xx Goodies but it changed in AC13 and 14 to Archicad xx Downloads

Downside of using ArchiCAD for so long
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
ares997
Contributor
Selecting a circle then trying to do a multiple offset cmnd (ctrl+alt) doesn't work. It works with everything else but doesn't seem to be an option. Am I missing something?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Erika Epstein
Booster
Use the multiple off-set icon and it works as it should.

The only problem is that the new circles are comprised of 2 half-circles instead of one complete circle like the original.
Bummer.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
I don't know if someone find this undocumented New feature for ArchiCAD 14 on MacOs — now it is possible to choose attribute from list by writing partially name by keyboard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lltc3JfYk68
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Wow, thanks, I didn't know that.
It is also possible on Windows.
You type the first one or two letters of the attribute and it jumps there in the list of attributes.
It does not highlight all possible matches, only jumps to the first occurrence and highlights that. If the key combination is entered again, it jumps to and highlights the next occurrence and so on.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
Wow, thanks, I didn't know that.
It is also possible on Windows.
On windows it works as in previous AC version. Only first letters are allowed and it jumps to attribute name.
Now on MacOs it works for most parameter lists (even in library parts) with any name fragment. Only letters.

In Pen & Colours - it is little different - letters doesn't work only digits! 🙂
Funny is that it is allowed to find pens by their thickness (Pen weight) — eg you could write 0.35 and all such pens will be highlighted.

Line types doesn't work at all

I still search for more such new features...
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Karl Ottenstein
That is a killer tip / hidden feature! Thanks!!

Attached is a screenshot of part of the material fly-out from the Info Box after typing "pine" with the material list shown - only materials containing the word 'pine' are highlighted.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Rafal wrote:
In Pen & Colours - it is little different - letters doesn't work only digits! 🙂
Funny is that it is allowed to find pens by their thickness (Pen weight) — eg you could write 0.35 and all such pens will be highlighted.
I played some more, and letters do work. I have various pens labeled as 'skin' or 'core' pens, and they highlight. It is just that the highlighting is a bit too subtle. (Any highlighted done by fading /etc can look just like a valid pen - I think in the pen table it would have been better to draw a line through the rectangle of the unselected pens, or perhaps a border around the filtered pens.)

Very cool stuff, Rafal. Thanks! Keep up the search. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
davide
Participant
what does it means the number before the material 04|.... 05|...... 09|.... 12|........ And why there isn't 10|... 11|..... thanks
iMac i7 late 2009
Archicad 24
JaredBanks
Mentor
The numbers are 2004 CSI MasterFormat divisions.

davide wrote:
what does it means the number before the material 04|.... 05|...... 09|.... 12|........ And why there isn't 10|... 11|..... thanks
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome