BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone heard something about Archicad 14?

what new or improved features or release date or something?

Thanks
107 REPLIES 107
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never used VBE but I assume it is ArchiCAD specific...

that is why I am surprised it is not included in the AC package
but having said that it does fall into the category of "nice to have" - if you want to pay for it - or you can just save money by not buying it.

IMHO I wish GS would get serious with their resources and overhaul some of the foundations that are currently crippling the software - like the 3d engine, true parametric relationships between elements.....etc etc
Without that level of commitment they are fast slipping into irrelevancy
Stress Co_
Advisor
Matthew wrote:
Stress wrote:
.... I still want my sun studies.
How do you use QTVR with sun studies? I have only used straight animation for this (though typically with a stationary camera).
Ahhhh, I assumed it used the VR engine

So this would be another of my Emily Litela moments
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have one feature, one that I have been waiting patiently for, and one that Graphisoft has been deliberately teasing me about for years.

I dream of the day when the "AutoText" section of the Dimension Text Settings dialog become active and useable.

Why are inactive controls drawn in that dialog that we cannot ever use? In my early Autocad days I learned how to insert additional text to the dimension text and position it above or below the dimension line, which looks exactly like what these controls would do, if they were ever activated.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Tim wrote:
I dream of the day when the "AutoText" section of the Dimension Text Settings dialog become active and useable.
I suspect we may see many improvements with dimensioning in AC14 -- it's about time!
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Laura wrote:
Tim wrote:
I suspect we may see many improvements with dimensioning in AC14 -- it's about time!
Hi Laura,
Could you elaborate? The one wish reg. dims. in "my" user group is prefix/suffix.
Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
Could you elaborate?
I'm sorry, I can't. All I can say is the lack of functionality with dimensions (specifically in comparison to other CAD applications) was a sore spot for beta testers last year, and GS is very aware of that fact. That's all I really know, so I'm hopeful.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
I'm sorry, but isn't it kind of too early and too late to be having a thread or discussion hoping over and speculating about ArchiCAD 14's potential features?

Too early since we're still most likely, a good 4-5 months ahead of their regular release schedule (assuming they revert back after last year's delayed release) and too late, since I would imagine most of the features and the feature-set of the next release is pretty much already locked in and all they are doing at this point is troubleshooting bugs and fine-tuning.

Normally people don't seem to start speculating until April, May or June.
In fact if I had to guess, I would probably imagine that it's probably also too late for any new wish, features or tools mentioned here to make it into AC15 since these things tend to take years and not months to implement.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Bricklyne wrote:
I'm sorry, but isn't it kind of too early and too late to be having a thread or discussion hoping over and speculating about ArchiCAD 14's potential features?
Agreed. I spend my hoping efforts on the new Sony a7XX. It's exiting times.

Personally I'd like to spend two weeks with users from all over the world to find out the differences in the local architectural process. I see quite often posts here on the forum which are not very relevant for our market while we have some issues not relevant outside the nordic countries.
There is a very high number of US architects on the forum. Not very many europeans in regards to the huge user base...

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
There is a very high number of US architects on the forum.

Mats
Maybe they have mucha mucha more time
BTW, we have a fairly active French speaking forum with some very skilled people. Maybe a little bit introvert and of course without any connection with official GS or Abvent people.
Frenchies...
Anonymous
Not applicable
i begin to question archicad's forces of architecture and the need to deliver simplicity........where less is more.
the last archicad 13 forum had hope and wishlist.............dis nu one has expectation to really know the strength of gs - nemetschek (all plan,cinema 4d, vector works etc).
...............................we need a platform that makes using the programe great.
Learn and get certified!