Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone heard something about Archicad 14?

what new or improved features or release date or something?

Thanks
107 REPLIES 107
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im very fond of Archicad, and feel its a great product. I respect the fact that its a small company trying to survive against much bigger fish.

It heart breaking to see 80 of the product very well setup, only to be let down by the last 20 percent which could I feel be mostly rectified.

I very often have the impression that m using a a product built to the mentality of software engineers, not architects. Some thing about setup and nature of the user interface doesnt feel intuitive or freindly to architects or designers.

My dream is that GS will make a gift to the loyal Archicad community and turn over an upcoming version of archicad (15?) for the community to have control over the upgrade, giving them/us 2 years to do it. I feel the out come could be revolutionary for Archicad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
upintheclouds wrote:
I very often have the impression that m using a a product built to the mentality of software engineers, not architects. Some thing about setup and nature of the user interface doesnt feel intuitive or freindly to architects or designers.
Have you worked with Revit?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is easy to get caught on the UI but I'd rather see GS working on more core foundational aspects of the software.
We now have a teamwork solution that is vastly improved.
How about swinging those resources to update the 3d engine behind the scenes - a real and robust 3d tool set that can do things like nurbs etc - and where we can set up relationships between elements?
This one is big as it's ramifications are right through the software...
Dennis Lee
Booster
We have to give credit to GS for "wow"ing us with the TW2 for AC13. They took the teamwork concept to a level that no other software had, and no user had anticipated or asked for. I Hope this kind of surprise factor continues with AC14 for either modeling / and or GDL portion of the software.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
"no user had anticipated or asked for."
That's what scares me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec1212 wrote:
"no user had anticipated or asked for."
That's what scares me.
me 2
Dennis Lee
Booster
I should have known some of you will take it that way.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Dennis wrote:
I should have known some of you will take it that way.

To be fair, those (TW2 and even the CW tool) weren't the most eagerly or popularly requested improvements in the program from the Wishlist forums, nor have they been requested that much in these forums in general for the last couple of versions now.
Dwight
Newcomer
Call me cynical, but I don't know why users think their wishes are important to Graphisoft: users have already bought the application!

Think of Graphisoft like a tardy kitchen renovator. Once he's got your job, he needs to keep getting new jobs. You need to threaten to sue for the guy to show up to finish the trim. That's why they made hold-backs.

I'm as annoyed as any other user with Archicad's outdated interfaces [like, man!!, from the last century, even, fer crissake!], lousy [!!!!!!!] renderer and weak [non] free-form modeling, but I understand that when Graphisoft uses their resources to move outward into fresh marketing areas, the trim bits wait. Dang: with a deficiency list this long, where's the holdback when we need it?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seconded - Dwight - I heartily agree.
When do we reach the tipping point?
-minimal new users as the software is seen as not competitive
-current users defect to other software that does the whole 'shebang'?