Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 26 Update 4004 Preview - Antialising BUG

Botonis
Advisor

I created a comparison video between 25 and 26 where you can see the problem between the two versions.

This cannot be considered a bug because it is not something that is triggered with a certain action.

It affects the total workflow of the software and the on-screen quality.

Also you can see that transfering a file from 25 to 26 may change the text box  size of the text box that makes the and put part of the text outside the borders.

I am using of 43 4K Dell Monitor

This was detected from other users also.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
31 REPLIES 31

I assumed that changing the Update name might include a surprise!!!

No intention for complaining.

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Botonis
Advisor

Let us all wait till end of March 2023......for  the next update.

Not sure if it will be fixed of course.

Or let 's wait for 27. 

Botonis Botonakis

I can confirm that the text position error has now been fixed in update 5002.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Not on my side:

Mjules_0-1685757880882.png

I can't submit architectural projects with such an issue.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-28 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

I just wanted to use ArchiCAD 26 for the first time as part of a simple residential project, this issue prevented me from doing that. I will go back to Revit instead of using ArchiCAD 25 again.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-28 (Full)

I have to admit that the latest hotfix fixed the problem in both the antialising and Text.

Are you importing a file from to 25 to 26 or is this happening to a new file created in 26.

You can try to revert to the previous rendering engine in the registry for 26 so you can be sure this a an Archicad problem and not the GPU  driver or something else. 

This latter option can be achieved by opening up the Registry Editor app. Then follow this directory path to reach the rendering setting:

HKey_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Graphisoft\Archicad\Archicad XXX\Graphix\RenderingAPI. ('XXX' refers to the currently used AC version and language.)

Double-click the RenderingAPI registry line and type '-1' as Value data. This should revert back the rendering engine to the previous (25) version. Please be aware that if you change this setting, then you will have to change it back manually to '0' when an update or fix would be implemented regarding this issue.

------------------

Moderator Note:   Readers - please avoid modifying the registry.  This issue has been fixed in an update.  See the recent post by Graphisoft's Norbert Kucsma:
https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Modeling/Archicad-26-Update-4004-Preview-Antialising-BUG/m-p/383...

Botonis Botonakis

Thanks! It appears AC-26 works properly after doing what you suggested. I hope this issue will be fixed very soon by Graphisoft.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-28 (Full)
Botonis
Advisor

When you install the hotfix the registry will revert back to the initial state.

I hope the next update will fix your problem although I feel like something is wrong with your settings because the 5002 updated seems to fixed it.....

Unless you are still with the 4004. Have you installed the new one 5002......?

Botonis Botonakis

I have always gotten the latest ArchiCAD updates even if I didn't use AC 26 yet on my clients' projects. The latest build 5002 didn't fix the text issue on my side. I had to do what you suggested to me after wasting lots of time. Migrating or Switching from a project using a previous version to a new one with all the known problems makes ArchiCAD unstable. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-28 (Full)
Karl Ottenstein

I'm locking this thread from new replies as this topic is the "4004 Preview" ... If these issues continue, please start a new thread and specify the AC version in the subject line, but not the build there.  (DO give the build you are using in your messages though!)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB