cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 27 entering dimensions problems

Creisner
Contributor

So we updated to Archicad 27 and now when moving a guideline or anything such as a fill, we enter the dimension such as 45 1/8 and as soon as you type the / the number resets to empty.  Is anyone else having this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein

Not experiencing (ARM Mac) - please list your OS so people  know if this is WIndows, Intel Mac or ARM Mac.

I'm guessing you're using a numeric keypad.  Does the same thing happen if you use the "/" on the main keyboard?  I'm guessing a keyboard setup issue.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Creisner
Contributor

it happens on both, anytime you push the / the number disappears.  Using decimals everything works fine but thats not an ideal situation for us.  We have been using Archicad for over 10 years and this is the first time something like this has happened.  I just figured it was a bug in a setting on the new 27 version.  

Creisner
Contributor

one user is on a mac and the other 4 are on PC

Ricardo Heim
Booster

I think it's the new math function, every time you press the "/" it will divide by 2 the currently showing dimension, at least in the metric system it works that way

Yet it is working as it always has for me on 27 Apple ARM version... so hard to explain why it works for me and not @Creisner ... unless there is a Work Environment setting to enable the new math functionality that I missed?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB