cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad Default Text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to Universally change the default text selection for all archicad tools, objects dialog boxes ect... For instance when placing an object from the library if there is text involved it defaults to Arial. The same with dimensions, labels, etc... you get the idea. In-place of having to create favorites to define this for every tool, it seems to me that this is a universal system variable somewhere in the program, but i cannot figure out where.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
The Archicad tools are easy.
Set them to what you want in your template (job) and they will remain that way until you change them again.

Objects are another matter as font or choice of fonts is scripted into each object.
I don't use the standard Graphisoft library so have scripted all my objects to use the Library Globals so I can change all object text across the entire file with the change of an MVO setting.
And because MVOs can be saved for each view I can have different objects fonts in each view if I want simply by saving an MVO combination as saving that with the view.
Not something you could do with the standard library unless Graphisoft implements it themselves - maybe they have, I haven't looked lately but I doubt it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
KeesW
Advocate
On a slightly related issue. When we need to select a font, is it possible to cull the list from which this is chosen? I have all of Microsoft's and all of the Adobe fonts in my list and scrolling through it to find the one I want is very slow and tedious. I prefer to use Arial Narrow to the standard Arial, and both of these are about 1/3 from the top of the list. And Archicad always starts at the top of the font list!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
KeesW wrote:
On a slightly related issue. When we need to select a font, is it possible to cull the list from which this is chosen? I have all of Microsoft's and all of the Adobe fonts in my list and scrolling through it to find the one I want is very slow and tedious. I prefer to use Arial Narrow to the standard Arial, and both of these are about 1/3 from the top of the list. And Archicad always starts at the top of the font list!
For most of the text selection drop-downs, the texts in use (or maybe those that were just used recently), are at the top of the list in their own special section. Do you not get those?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Set up a few text favourites. It is one of the few favourites I actually use regularly because of this.

It is a lot more annoying in objects. Luckily everything defaults to Arial 2 mm here, I hardly ever need to change anything.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5