Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Awful performance

Milan
Enthusiast

Hey guys,

I have been working on this particular project of hotel and residence, is 30 story building, and has some detailed elements, like facade with horizontal cladding done with profile walls. But lately, performance is just poor. Drag and select take ages, deselecting is sometimes impossible, 2d screen is not responsive, 3d slow, but improved after i changed Graphic Card settings, is spinning more than is efectively working. Is a cocept stage, so, not a lot of composites. 

And my machine is quite powerful:

Intel Core  i9 14900k

64Gb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080

Should I send a file for analisys to a Graphisoft support team, since this is more time waiting and spinning than actively working. And we paid quite a lot for this licences, so, any advice would be nice. 

Thanks,

Milan 

Operating system used: Windows 11

26 REPLIES 26
Botonis
Advisor

Try to merge the project (3d model) to a new file. Unfortunately you will loose all the view maps and layouts, but you will be able to check the performance of the 3d model. If it works then something is wrong with the initial file (library loaded etc)

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I was thinking that too, but hell, layouts and views are more than model for me at least in this project!! 😞 

I will reach the support team, to see if they can do something.

Thanks again for your help!

Milan 

If you have views and layouts there might be a workaround to delete the original 3d model  (keep sections, elevations. etc)

and merge the second file again to the initial file. That way you keep views-layouts by just importing the model to the same position.

Again you will loose dimensions-labels connected to elements but if the performance is fixed then probably the problem is solved. 

The whole idea here is to check whether something is wrong with the file because with a 14900 and a 4080 your pc is not the problem definitely.

Keep in my mind that there is a possibility the support wont't be able to do anything so you need a plan b......

Greetings

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

You are soo nice! 

Thanks a lot. Indeed, performance decreased a lot in last hour. Makes me impossible to work into. 

Even if i have to recreate all I cant handle this. Is soo annoying, makes me want to throw PC through window!

I will merge asap, to test roughly!

Cheers!

Milan 

Botonis
Advisor

Do not forget to give feedback for other fellow users here. 

Good luck. 

Botonis Botonakis

Yes, sure. 

Eduardo Rolon

Fro the 2004 archives - How to clean a file without losing the views

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/possible-alternative-to-forward-merge-for-co...

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Oh, thanks a lot. Will try it! 

An I have different Graphic Overrides, Layer Commbinations, Pens, etc... Should I import them first throu Attribute manager?

Cheers!

Milan 

Setup info provided by author