BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Beambug or new feature?

Kamelite
Advocate

I have to beams acting up when a third one is cutting throug:

Kamelite_0-1702477297553.png

This is a part of a roof: Two gurters and a loadbearing beam... I guess the image speaks for itself?

Kamelite_1-1702477400006.png

So - bug or feature?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
4 REPLIES 4
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi,

I have replicated what @Kamelite says and the same thing happens to me.

I have tried to change the priorities within building materials, created a subtraction, changed the reference point of the profile, etc. but the problem persists.

Any idea Graphisoft support team?

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

This is just AC trying to intersect beams with colliding geometries where the start/end of one happens to lie on reference line of the other in the XY plane - doing so by extending the one of them to the boundary of the other. You know - just like things usually are to be built....

thesleepofreason_1-1702493327029.png

To prevent it the beams has to be in different layer intersection groups which wouldn't be such an issue if it weren't tied to layers and in turn views... and who the heck thought it was a good idea to has intersection as standard and not the exception.

DGSketcher
Legend

This is another architect programmers idea of how things are built in the real world... that is wrong. In the real world I would expect the lower beam to notch the upper beam, not change its profile. And if AC can't resolve it, leave it to the user to form the cut.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I will report this to Graphisoft. Until then, one workaround is to model the load-bearing beam using the Wall tool. That will product the desired result.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!