Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Boolean cut roof in 3D but looks same on roof plan

Gus
Newcomer
I have a first story roof on a 2 story building. I cut out the second story footprint out of the 1st story roof. This way you don't have the roof inside the house on the second story. This worked fine using boolean operations. When I look at the roof plan however it shows up as if it were a regular roof that has not been cut. I believe it also shows up on the sections as well. What the?
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
SEO's apply only to 3D, they don't have any effect in plan. You are better off editing your roofs. Try selecting one and ctrl clicking the edge of the other one.

Cheers,
Link.
Djordje
Virtuoso
There is no need to use SEOs. Use the polygon editing and subtract the outline of your first floor from your roof.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Gus wrote:
..This way you don't have the roof inside the house on the second story. ..
Nice.

Select your roof. Click on the roof tool. Draw any polygon within the roof outline. This will become a hole in the selected roof. Permanent, but editable and deletable. And shows on the floor plan. As the others say, no need to use SEO.

The floorplan in Archicad is still symbolic, and doesn't show SEOs (Solid Element Operations or booleans). If you really need a "true cut" floor plan, you can do it by making a "3D cut" view in a Top View 3D window.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1