cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Bug? Skin wrapping in 2D vs 3D

Gavvyhuang
Participant

The Wall wrap of the floorplan is difference between  3dview and 3dviewplan. is there any solution?

3DVIEW.gifFP.gifrcp.gif

Operating system used: Windows 27.2.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Regarding renderings, there is a checkbox in the Skin Wrapping dialogue about displaying in 3D. This does not actually wrap the skins in 3D but just extrudes the wall out to where the skin would be, which is usually sufficient for renderings.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gavvyhuang
Participant

Anybody know how to solutiion this problem?

Wall skins do not wrap in 3D.

What you see in plan is a symbolic representation that does not actually affect the 3D view.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

The fact is, this bug has had a significant impact on my work when generating drawings, especially when creating ceiling plans (RCP) and rendering for interior design. After all, ARCHICAD doesn't have a true ceiling plan feature like REVIT。
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Regarding renderings, there is a checkbox in the Skin Wrapping dialogue about displaying in 3D. This does not actually wrap the skins in 3D but just extrudes the wall out to where the skin would be, which is usually sufficient for renderings.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Yes, this solves the rendering problem. However, it remains a major issue when it comes to creating section views, ceiling plans, and elevation views. I hope the official team can address this problem. It seems like this is an issue that many people encounter, so I'm curious about how they solve it. If we have to manually add hatching to each drawing afterward, it defeats the purpose of BIM.

link of the same problem:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/How-to-make-the-wall-finishes-physically-wrap-... 

Setup info provided by author