BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

COPYING WINDOW AND DOOR MARKER INFO

peter spellman
Participant
Hello,
I am trying to find a simple way to copy the marker settings from one type of window to another (also for doors to). Eyedropper/Syringe changes the window type, which I do not want to do.

Is there an easy way w/o editing each different window/door type?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Peter
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
but when I creat a new door and want to inser the created marker it doesn't show either...
even with the reloaded library
marker.JPG
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You didn't indicate whether you checked the PLACEABLE button when saving the object?
Placeable.jpg
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes... I checked when I saved...
After that, when you are going to change the marker under the door parameters, it is there?? In mine isn't...
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Sorry... but is it in a folder that loads with your library?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
The new marker that I created, I saved in one library folder that I have with archicad objects...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to be getting the same problem - I have created my window marker and can find it in Microsoft Explorer, but when I try and load a window-door marker it doesn't appear. I have clicked placeable, but still no joy as you can see from below. I have also reloaded the library too.
window marker.jpg
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Chris1982 wrote:
I seem to be getting the same problem - I have created my window marker and can find it in Microsoft Explorer, but when I try and load a window-door marker it doesn't appear. I have clicked placeable, but still no joy as you can see from below. I have also reloaded the library too.
Chris:

Is the marker of the Window-Door Marker subtype (see Duane's Placeable.jpg from Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:08 pm)?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just managed to get it to work - under the GDL parameters page you have to click on select subtypes and select the window/door marker subtype - it will then become visible..
Anonymous
Not applicable
I meant to attach this to the previous post.
window marker subtype.JPG
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, that is a necessary thing, otherwise ArchiCAD will not know that it has to display it when you are viewing or searching for Door-Window Markers.
See, ArchiCAD is coded to display in the Marker panel of the Door/Window Settings Dialog only those Library Parts that have that specific Subtype.
That's how it works.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!