Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't get my elevation shadows in PM! HELP!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having trouble getting the shadows in a certain file to appear in my PM layout. To test it I created a new layout book and imported the elevation from the problem file and also imported an elevation from another file. The other file displayed the shadowes and the "problem" file did not. I can't find any settings that would create this problem. The shadows show fine in the AC elevation window. Help please!
8 REPLIES 8
Aussie John
Newcomer
I presume the pen colours are the same
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked all the pen settings. Thanks
Aussie John
Newcomer
just throwing out ideas, Do you have fills turned off in the archicad displays (for the quickview saved file)
Cheers John
[/size]
Djordje
Ace
Mark wrote:
I am having trouble getting the shadows in a certain file to appear in my PM layout.
Did you check the view in ArchiCAD by invoking that view? It might be that you turned the shadows on AFTER defining the view, and forgot to redefine the view?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Redefined it, Saved it, many times. Displayes shadows in AC, will not show them in PM. I do not understand. How would I post the .pln ? It's 3.9 mb. Small project
Aussie John
Newcomer
I'd create a new section- see if that works. If it does copy all the extra bits from the old section and then turf it. Sometimes things go wacky and a fresh version fixes things.

If that doesnt work send to me (see PM) and i'll see if it is disfunctional for me too.
Cheers John
[/size]
Djordje
Ace
Mark wrote:
Redefined it, Saved it, many times. Displayes shadows in AC, will not show them in PM. I do not understand. How would I post the .pln ? It's 3.9 mb. Small project
You can make it smaller; under Options/Preferences/2D Redraw options uncheck Save Navigator Preview Data With Project Files. Also, save as MOD - lots of stuff gets purged.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Aussie John
Newcomer
Mark I looked at your file and the good news is you're not mad and indeed the shadows dont show in plotmaker.

The ony way I could get them to work was create a new default CAD file. Go to attribute manager and delete all (that you can).
Reset the stories to your project.

Then Merge the old file. Unfortunately you will have to copy and paste (or create modules and merge) of any text and linework on elevations.

It worked after I did that.

You will need to use attribute manager to import the layer sets from your old file too.

Its a lot of mucking around but at least it is a relatively small project.

good luck
Cheers John
[/size]