Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Changing Colors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have been using ArchiCad for about 7 months now and have gotten some of the basics down, one question i still have that i havent been able to answer clearly is how to change the color and texture applied to certain elements. For example, i have been making the wall elements with a plaster texture on them, i want to have the walls colored as if they were painted, but the only paint option is red, how do i change the color of the paint. this may be so simple that i have overlooked it, but its driving me nuts. Thanks for your help and patience with a new user.
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
You have two options:
1) create a new bitmap of white plaster (in Photoshop or other image software), and assign that bitmap to a material
2) make a new material that is just a white color, with no bitmap texture at all.

For CDs, #2 will work. If you ever expect to do renderings, #1 would be better.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
you can also get decent looking paint by creating a new material with the desired colour, and then applying a bumpmap to it, just to give it a little texture, this option would be under "Displacement" in the lightworks materials settings.

cheers,
dan
Dwight
Newcomer
A simple list is attached for some interior materials slightly tweaked along the lines Daniel suggests.
Dwight Atkinson