Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Clearing the Cache

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking to clean out history cache for the “Open File” command and the “Place Module”…..curious to see where this information lives
7 REPLIES 7
r,

Your avatar is sublime, your sig is a little skimpy. Giving your platform would help.

The avatar, though, wow.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Erika Epstein
Booster
speaking of avatars, James, at ACU Nottingham
will you be presenting the archicad work you did for that cute little starter home you are sitting next to?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
yea james,

tell us about the little house. did someone make if for you? did you eat it?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Erika wrote:
speaking of avatars, James, at ACU Nottingham
will you be presenting the archicad work you did for that cute little starter home you are sitting next to?
Oh certainly. We will look at the pros and cons of modeling trimwork with Profiler, ArchiForma, and frosting. And if you think GDL windows are tricky, try softening up those gumdrops in the microwave so you can flatten them into panes; it's really easy to go to far... the bubbling colors are cool though... as my daughter said, 'Again.' That's our second annual make-a-house, she-takes-my-picture-with-it, I-use-it-as-my-avatar. Ah traditions. Somebody call hallmark.

Now somebody help benbenek.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
well I updated my info....and if you don't help benbenek...he will get his cousin bambi
Erika Epstein
Booster
r,
I believe this is what you are looking for. It is #699 form the GSUS knowledge base on how to clear cache. REad the whole thing first.It covers mac and windows.

1.) Close ArchiCAD and all other running applications.
2.) (notice: the word "clear" in the next few commands, mean that the user may back up these files to the desktop via a Copy)

3.) Clear pref's:

AC8.1 location of preferences:

MAC (2 locations)
Macintosh HD: Users: <USERNAME>: Library : Preferences : Graphisoft : AC 8.1.0 v2 (or AC 9.0.0 USA v1)

Macintosh HD: Users: <USERNAME>: Library : Preferences : Graphisoft : PM 3.1.0 v2 (or PM 9.0.0 USA v1)

WIN (2 locations)
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 8.1.0 USA R1 (or ArchiCAD 9.0.0 USA R1)
(and)
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Graphisoft\PlotMaker 3.1.0 USA R1 (or PlotMaker 9.0.0 USA R1)

4.) Clear cache's:

MAC (2 locations)
Macintosh HD: Users: <USERNAME>: Library : Caches : Graphisoft : ArchiCAD Cache Folder : AC 8.1.0 v1 (or AC 9.0.0 USA v1)

Macintosh HD: Users: <USERNAME>: Library : Caches : Graphisoft : PlotMaker Cache Folder : PM 3.1.0 v1 (or PM 9.0.0 USA v1)

WIN cache locations (4 locations)
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD Cache Folder\ArchiCAD 8.1.0 USA R2 (or ArchiCAD 9.0.0 USA R1)
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Graphisoft\PlotMaker Cache Folder\ArchiCAD 8.1.0 USA R2 (or ArchiCAD 9.0.0 USA R1)
- Clear the local Cache:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Temp

5.) Start ArchiCAD/PlotMaker and see how your file now behaves.

[added PlotMaker to step 5. dt]
[edits made by JC 20041103 to include AC 9 and other minor edits]
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
James wrote:
That's our second annual make-a-house, she-takes-my-picture-with-it, I-use-it-as-my-avatar. Ah traditions. Somebody call hallmark.
Lovely tradition. Looking forward to this year's house!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System