cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Closing Brick Cavity

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you close a brick cavity?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
?!?
Ben Cohen
Advocate
At the end of a cavity wall, use the wall end tool.
If you need to turn or close the wall at a window or door, there are cavity closing parameters in most window and door parts
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
__archiben
Booster
is it a joke?

i would use a cavity closer.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Ben Cohen
Advocate
Funny... that product isn't used around here AFAIK. This is what we call a cavity closer brick. It will be interesting to see which one he meant.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
__archiben
Booster
i was being slightly facetious toward what was a pretty vague question.

sure - traditionally the cavity was closed by turning the brick skin toward the inner (usually block) skin, (or the other way around ). and i can see how your closer brick would be a natural and cost-effective progression from that in climates that allow it.

the example i gave of a modern plastic closer is a way of thermally breaking the cavity as well as closing it off. a smaller version can also be combined with turning the leaf - particularly on deep reveals. it's probably less applicable in your warmer neck of the woods

and a little more seriously than i was originally - both of those options are available as cavity closing parameters in the door and window library objects. you need to be using composite walls for them to work of course.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup