Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile Wall - 2D Representation (AC12)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

While working on my last project I have encountered the following situation:
I need to use a complex profile wall that looks like in the attachment. In floor plan, it needs to be shown as cut at a level where its thickness is maximum (84 mm). I set the floor plan display type to "cut only" and the floor plan cut plane height to 1,204 m, so it shows correctly on the ground floor. The problem comes at the next floor - as i need to set up a different floor plan cut plane height, in order to achieve that 84 mm thickness in plan. I tried to play with different settings in the floor plan cut plane settings (also made the wall stretch on all stories), but with no luck.
Does anyone have some suggestions about how can this be achieved?

Thank you in advance,
Adrian Tudoreanu

Complex Profile Wall 1.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika Epstein
Booster
You should be able to set the cut plane on the second floor to where the wall is at its thickest, 84mm. I've had to do this same adjustment because of a custom profile wall and didn't have this problem. I measured in section the Cut plane height on the second floor and then achieved the correct results.

Can you show us similar screen shots of your 2nd floor plan results?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Can you show us similar screen shots of your 2nd floor plan results?
Hi Erika,

Thank you so much for your reply. I attached a screen shot showing a section and the floor plan results for the ground floor and the 1st floor.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Section.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Adrian,
Each VIEW can have its own unique cut plane height. Redefine the cut plane of your 1st floor so it cuts through the 84mm thick part of your wall.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Hi Adrian,
Each VIEW can have its own unique cut plane height. Redefine the cut plane of your 1st floor so it cuts through the 84mm thick part of your wall.

HTH
Hi Erika,

Thank you again. You saved me. I didn't think of that I guess I am used to do all the work in Project Map and only before plotting I save the views. Does that mean I have to start working in the View Map?

Sorry for bugging you with such basic questions.
Adrian
Erika Epstein
Booster
Absolutely work in the VIEW map. The project map just determines how you are looking at the model i.e. floor plan, section, 3D , schedule etc.

The views save with it the scale, cut plane, layer combination etc, i.e. what makes that view of the model different from another view and are the 'drawing' that gets placed on the layout sheet in the Layout book.

This is the work flow:
Project map to View Map to Layout Book to Publisher.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Absolutely work in the VIEW map. The project map just determines how you are looking at the model i.e. floor plan, section, 3D , schedule etc.
I understand. I'll dig more into this.

Thank you again for your support,
Adrian