Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composit wall not wrapping correctly in 3 D view

DanyThailand
Contributor

In 3

COMPOSITE2.png

COMPOSITE1.png

  

D view, the composite wall is not displaying correctly, i use wrap on column option, it show properly on 2 d but not on 3 d, must be 2 layer on column but it show one thick layer instead of 2 ( render + tile.

13 REPLIES 13

indeed, in 3 D, only 1 surface will be wrapped, why, if i set more than 1 skin as finishing ( for example tile + glue or other ), why it doesnt show in 3 d.

Not everything works perfectly in AC, you just have to find a way around it for now, if you cannot get it to work the way you would like it to. The Road Map indicates that are going to eventually provide editing down to a skin by skin basis. I hope that means that we all get more control over how skins display in the future ? Till then we just work with it.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

@DanyThailand wrote:

indeed, in 3 D, only 1 surface will be wrapped, why, if i set more than 1 skin as finishing ( for example tile + glue or other ), why it doesnt show in 3 d.

It never has, and as I mentioned before, it is probably not important, unless you need to show the top 3D view of the column and wall connection, which I think would be very rarely.

In a regular 3D view, you will see the correct column size (increased by the wrapped skin thickness) with only the external wall surface material wrapped around it - none of the wall skins are actually wrapped.

It is only if you apply a cutting plane in 3D or do a section through the column, it will not show the correct skin wrapping.

If it is a problem in 3D, please show an image, as I can't think of many cases where you will need to see the skins wrapping in 3D.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi all,

I can tell you that wrapping method for columns is an old feature in Archicad since Ver. 9.0 the first one i used twenty years ago & even exist before that version so sure it needs to be revamped.

And to be revamped it should be added to the roadmap and to the wishlist before all.

If the programmer while creating this new feature in the past intended 2D floor plan and not the 3D view & no one noticed that missed function all those years that means it's a rare case as @Barry Kelly said.

Nothing is perfect @DanyThailand, create this wish & I'll be the first to vote for but you have to present your case exactly.

So it's not a bug and only a missed function.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB