Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite Walls - Fill anchor

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am one step away from eliminating 90% of the 2D work I add to building sections . . . .

When I do building or wall sections I am currently adding and extra line to my walls to show Batt Insulation. I do the same thing for floors and roofs. I recently realized the same look could be achieved with a fill so I created a custom BATT Insulation fill. It almost works . . . . (see attached image)

I looked in a couple of places to see if there was a way to globaly control fill anchor points but found nothing. Does someone know something about this that I don't? Is there another way to have thins kind of info show up automaticly? Is having the ability to tie a fill anchor to a wall skin something that should be added to the wish list? I love the fact that we are SO CLOSE to eliminating the need to do any additional 2D work on Building sections, but it looks to me like we still have a few steps to take . . . .

cOMPOSITE-FILLorientation.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
Do a search... http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=101141#101141
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for pointing me to this other post. It does apear that what I want to do is currently not possible, and yes adding an extra line or fill is not difficult, but it IS an EXTRA step and we are SO CLOSE to eliminating this extra step. Right next to "Orientation" in the "Composite Structures" dialog box we simply add the option to attach the fill origin to the "Skin" or the "Project Origin" which it now seems to be tied to.

If someone is doing many sections, this extra step adds up very quickly. Am I the only one that thinks this is a good idea? Is this the type of thing that should be added to a wish list?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it realy should be added!
Thomas Holm
Booster
opart wrote:
If someone is doing many sections, this extra step adds up very quickly. Am I the only one that thinks this is a good idea? Is this the type of thing that should be added to a wish list?
Absolutely!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Bruce
Advisor
Have you created a poll? I'll place my vote for it!
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5060 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a link to the wish list item poll:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=19323

If that does not work for some reason look under "Drafting Wishes" for the topic "Automatic Sections - Composite Wall Fill anchor"