cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite structure in building section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody. I am new to archicad and I must admit that it is sometimes difficult to figure out how some features work. I have made a building section and some skin pattern do not have the same cut display as in the composite structure preview. Could you tell me the reason please?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I assume you refer to the Structural Concrete skin.
What I think may be causing a confusion here is that Fills generally have a bitmap and a vectorial representation on screen (in output there is only vectorial). If you go to the Fill Types Dialog you will see what I mean. The models shows the vectorial hatching by default (you switch from one to the other using the View>On-Screen View Options>Vectorial Hatching toggle).

The Composite Structures Dialog shows the bitmap representation in the preview on the right, while in section you see the vectorial representation. Probably this is why it seems that they are not the same.
The bitmap representation is an 8x8 bitmap which does not let you define detailed patterns so the bitmap is always rather simplistic, which can add to the idea that what you see in the Dialog and what you see in section are not the same.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Rockstar
josgohoure:

In addition to Laszlo's comment, Fills can be scaled, and respond to the drawing scale. So depending on the Fill's Type settings (Scale with Plan or Scale Independent) and the Fill's Spacing, its appearance can vary by View.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14