Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Connecting walls / window opening

13senpai
Contributor

Hi, can someone help me with this please?

I made an example to "illustrate" the problem. If you look at the screenshot, there's wall 1 and wall 2. Wall 2 is hosting a window - an opening for the window is cut automatically. 

Now, if I move the window into wall 1, the window does not cut wall 1. 

Untitled-1-02.jpg

In Revit, if 2 different walls are connected, joined or embedded into each other, the window recognizes them as 1 and automatically cuts it. Here's a screenshot of the same situation I made in Revit. What is the best solution to achieve this in Archicad? 

tt.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Lingwisyer
Guru

Unless something has changed, you should not need to stretch anything, the created Opening from Selection should match the size of your opening and automatically cut the bounding walls.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Good to know what’s happening with this try. I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: There should be a way to join these two walls at the junction so that Archicad sees it as one wall although made up of two different sections ? Then you can place an opening (window or door) that spans the two different parts of the wall.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

If I use the"opening" tool, it just cuts a hole in the wall. But it doesn't "wrap" the internal finish skin. If you understand what I mean. 

An "empty" window does wrap the skins. (See screenshots).

Oh well... Archicad has it's limitations I guess 😛

gg.jpg22.jpg

You can adjust the opening to peneteate any skins you like and change the perimeter surface to be as the external skin (Reveal), that will let you avoid error & duplication in windows schedule.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Lingwisyer
Guru

Aaanyway, back to this Wish, possibly related to the Door & Window listing on the roadmap.

Do they actually listen to these "wishes"? I mean, howmany of those have acually come true? xd

There is that... it is also impossible to track any of them, some of them which are for major shortfalls that are still unresolved after many years... I am optimistically hopeful that this one is related to the Door and Window listing on the roadmap.

Ling.