Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Context Menu Shortcut Keys in 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to get used to 8.1, and there seem to be some great improvements, but there are a couple of issues I need help with. I'm used to removing a marquee by doing a right click, (Windows) and pressing 'Q'. This doesn't work with 8.1, and I can't figure out how to set it up in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box. The same goes for the Multiply command. What am I missing?
I also have noticed a big difference in the appearance of text. I like the visible corners for dragging and stretching, but the font looks weird, (I mostly use ArchiTEXT), i.e. the 'O' is solidly filled in. It seems to be ok when I plot or save to .pdf, but it sure looks odd on the monitor.
Any help on the right click shortcut keys would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lee D.
Naples, FL USA
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
rocorona wrote:
Now the tools can be activated with keyboard shortcuts, but I miss the "back to previous tool" function that was provided by the right arrow.
This shortcut is still there, it just doesn't have a key assigned to it by default. It's under the Actions list in keyboard shortcuts (see attachment). I've got mine assigned to the ` or ~ key at the top left of my keyboard for quick access, although I must admit I'm still getting used to it.
Picture 7.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lee wrote:
...but I've discovered that only numbers, punctuation mark and symbol keys work without a "modificator" key. Assigning a letter key by itself doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing a setting, or is my keyboard not set up right?
You need a modifier key for the Menu Command shortcuts, but not for the Actions or Tools shortcuts. Take a look at the default ArchiCAD 8.1 scheme from the pull down list, it has many functions using letters only. Did you start from this scheme? Are you sure your not applying the same key to two functions?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I have an ex-AutoCAD client who would like to assign his space bar as an enter key, and just use the magic wand button to magic wand. The reason is that the space bar is much easier to use for entering (with his left hand), and he uses it 100 times more than his magic wand.

May be an old ACAD habit, but it sure makes sense.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In order to have a consistent working method between AC7 and AC8. Is there a way in AC7 to assign the Arrow Tool/ Last Tool Toggle to a key other than the Right arrow?
Djordje
Ace
Richard wrote:
For the filled-in "o", try different settings under Preferences, 2D Redraw options to see which works the best. HTH,
... also try to switch the 2D OpenGL off, or tweak the settings?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen